1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I give Starbucks enough money. In my mind, this is a bit like praising Bush because he didn't renew the AWB. It's not that he did anything pro-gun, he just didn't do anything period and the ban expired. It's not that Starbucks supports gun owners, it's that they don't want to be caught in the middle of a debate and prefer not to take sides. The CEO has said that exactly. Therefore, I do not support them, but neither do I refuse to buy from them, because they make damn good coffee and do not make me feel unwelcome at their place of business.

·
Banned
158 Posts
I give Starbucks enough money. In my mind, this is a bit like praising Bush because he didn't renew the AWB. It's not that he did anything pro-gun, he just didn't do anything period and the ban expired. It's not that Starbucks supports gun owners, it's that they don't want to be caught in the middle of a debate and prefer not to take sides. The CEO has said that exactly. Therefore, I do not support them, but neither do I refuse to buy from them, because they make damn good coffee and do not make me feel unwelcome at their place of business.
I agree with your position, well, all except the coffee part.

We should not turn the Starbucks "no action" decision into a rallying event. Lots of businesses take no position on gun laws. They just allow people to do whatever the law allows. That is not being pro or con anything.

And in fact, efforts to depict Starbucks as pro-gun might cause it to react the opposite.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If we don't stand up and support Starbucks the anti gunners will be there their voice will be heard the loudest and they may get their way. Any thing gun related that we lose is a bad thing we have to stand up for everything not just the parts we like or use, kinda like how hunters more often than not wont stand up for the rights of ccw holder because they don't think it will effect them, or people that shoot competition won't stand up for hunters rights. Were all together and we need to support anyone and any organization that supports us see you at Starbucks. :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Remember to stop by a Starbucks tomorrow to show your support!

www.SupportStarbucks.com
No.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.