New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed the Spartan Sprint yesterday and had a blast. I am registering for the Super Spartan on 9/8/12 in NJ. Does anyone want to join me? I am going to start a team and raise $$ for the NYCPD DEA widow and orphans fund. What better way to celebrate my second chance at life?

Ok, so who is down?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Justin. Sorry SRV.

Super Spartan - 8+ MILES / 20+ OBSTACLES. The Super Spartan obstacle course race provides an 8+ mile battlefield of insane mud running with 20+ obstacles to test your physical strength and mental resolve. This mud run of an endurance race will have many trials to push you to your full potential! The good news is that after you complete your painful journey, there will be live music and a catered meal to soothe your aching joints. Top 3 Male and Female finishers at each Super Spartan race qualify for free entry into the Spartan Death Race.

I am going to ask that people sponsor me. If and when I post a picture of myself completing the race, I ask that you write a check for $20 and send it directly to the NYCPD DEA.

Who wants to join me in the race, or make the pledge? Or better yet, both.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
I read through the FAQ's but one question I could not find is about teams. Is it a must? Also, I would be interested if it was closer AND if it was the Spartan Sprint race. Fat and out of shape people have to start out small. Looks like fun though!!!

James

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'd love to, but I am doing the Hero Rush the same day with a bunch of my firefighter buddies. A Spartan Race is definitely on my to-do list, though, along with a Tough Mudder.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I blew out my ankle on mile 10, but I hoped and crawled the remaining mile to the finish line. Never, ever give up!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts