New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont think it has anything to do with empathy. Probably more to do with Actors and Actresses opening their mouths about politics and turning off the people that actually want to go see movies for entertainment. I really don't care what a person who pretends for a living has to say about anything from Abortion to abused Zoo animals. "Shut up and act," is the message here Hollyweird, JUST SHUT UP and ACT.......

Blockbusters go bust: Big budget movies keep going belly up this summer | Fox News

·
Registered
900 Posts
"one L.A. film producer told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column." "The ADD generation doesn’t care if a movie is in 3D, they don’t care about ‘Transformer’-sized effects, so what do they care about? Regardless of the generation, people have a natural empathy towards people, and if the actor cannot transcribe the emotional conflict to the screen, the audience isn’t interested."

Did I read this right ? He can't produce a good movie , so he blames us by saying as a generation we have Attention Deficit Disorder . :err:
Here's a thought ..... Make movies that don't suck ! Special effects are no substitute for a good story line & decent acting . Too much editing = chopped plots.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I think alot of it has to do with better home setups and digital rental services (or the occassionaly act of piracy ARGG!!) and the lack of want to sit in a theatre being disturbed by others and walking away from the experience 20 bucks a person or more out the window and feeling overwhelmingly raped.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I don't think the actors political views has a measurable impact on the profit. The movies just aren't interesting.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
when I went to see red 2 the other night my friend asked if I was gonna go to the concession stand, I laughed. as we were walking into the theater we were discussing how they spent more on popcorn and a drink than on the movie itself lol.

I think a lot of the movies are still pretty good, its just people realized its better to wait a few months and watch it in the comfort of your own home than to have a sore butthole when you leave the theater.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think the actors political views has a measurable impact on the profit. The movies just aren't interesting.
That may be true however, I do know a lot of people that say they don't go see XXXXX's movies because of their stance on xxxxx topic. My wife won't even watch TV shows once she hears some star of the show spout their political views that she disagrees with.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
$7 coke and $12 box of popcorn and they wonder why people aren't going to theatres any more?
I'll buy .22lr ammo first.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
$7 coke and $12 box of popcorn and they wonder why people aren't going to theatres any more?
$10 pants with big pockets.

Priceless. ;)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That may be true however, I do know a lot of people that say they don't go see XXXXX's movies because of their stance on xxxxx topic. My wife won't even watch TV shows once she hears some star of the show spout their political views that she disagrees with.
Case in point: I wanted to see "Kick Ass 2" (LOVED the first movie)......however, as soon as I found out that that scumbag Jim Carey was in it......Sorry.....I ain't goin'....he ain't getting a DIME from me

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Netflix, Pay per View, Cable.... nothing being produced in Hollywood is so good that I can't wait a few months to see it in my home. I think we've been to the theater 3 times in the past 10 years, and only one of the films was actually worth paying for!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I dont think it has anything to do with empathy. Probably more to do with Actors and Actresses opening their mouths about politics and turning off the people that actually want to go see movies for entertainment. I really don't care what a person who pretends for a living has to say about anything from Abortion to abused Zoo animals. "Shut up and act," is the message here Hollyweird, JUST SHUT UP and ACT.......

Blockbusters go bust: Big budget movies keep going belly up this summer | Fox News
I agree with this, once I hear an actor open there mouth a about politics, it's all over. Most of these people don't have a clue about reality, a perfect example is Tom Cruise. Every movie he is in, he falls in love with the actress or should I say he falls in love with the part she plays. After they are together for awhile he figures out she is nothing like her part and it's over. They are all dumb a$$e$, not worth me ever giving them a dime!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts