New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came up to Greece yesterday with my wife to get tattoos from our artist, we stayed the night in Victor right by the East View Mall. We are staying tonight as well. Anyone have any good places they suggest we check out? Local gun shops, food, anything really? I'd rather not spend an entire day walking around a mall.

Much thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Pro gun on rt 96 is the only shop I know of over there. I have no use for that place but you can stop and browse if you want.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pro gun on rt 96 is the only shop I know of over there. I have no use for that place but you can stop and browse if you want.
Maybe we will take a ride and check it out.

Weather doesn't seem in my favor but i'll look up the canal path.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Ganondagan Long House if its still open
Theres a wood fired pizza place that was pretty good on main street .... google says its Lucca
Haven't been there in quite a while

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...Checked Pro Gun out (less then a mile from my hotel) prices seemed a little high to me but might be ok for area, plus it is a private shop and does carry a large inventory. Seems like they will work prices with you a bit. Very friendly staff and were willing to help, answer questions, show anything I wanted to see. Offered me to walk behind counter and check any long gun in rack out if I felt like it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
cut through the finger lakes on your way home tomorrow. You could hit a winery or two, maybe a micro brew, and the Finger Lakes Distillery.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I know it's pretty late, but you should go somewhere and get garbage plates. Conveniently, one of my favorite places is Charlie Riedel's. It's right on 96 just past the mall... There's a Dennys near there, as well as a Wendys. You can ask your front desk person where it is, they'll know.

So you don't look like a nub, the short version is that a garbage plate is essentially meat piled on top of two sides, and the best part is the spicy meat hot sauce. You can get burgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc and that goes on top of your choice (2 actually) of home fries, french fries, mac salad or baked beans (pending location). Also by default, is ketchup, mustard & onions (and of course, the hot sauce). The intent is to eat everything as one, and it's amazing. Charlies also give's you a cup for fountain soda if you eat in or a 20oz if you take out and it's like $8.99 -- If you go to Fairport Hots (or other hots place if you do your own googling, there's just about one in every town) I believe the plates are under $7 or $8, but no drink. Also, if you eat in, i'd also suggest you ask for it in a to go container because it's messy on a plate.

I think they are only open til 10, so if it's later than that, you'll have to go to a "hots" place. Closest I can think of is Welcome to Fairport Hots :: Hot Plates, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Fairport NY | Fairport Hots

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=fair...&cid=0,0,6262241452732591797&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A (just enter hotel's address... If you are in Victor, it should be about 12 minutes)

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Don't be afraid to try a Mac's Philly Steak plate either. It's like a garbage plate, Philly Cheese Steak style. It's late now, but they have a place in East Rochester and Canandaigua.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do drive through the finger lakes way home and hit the wineries. We are staying in the holiday in right next to the wendy's, I saw the sign for the Charlie Riedels. We will stop in for early lunch on the way out if they are open.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm not sure if Charlie Riedel's in Victor is still open someone told me last week that they closed down.....i was in Canandaigua today and pick up my Garbage plate @ Charlie :) i also recommend Mac's Philly ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm not sure if Charlie Riedel's in Victor is still open someone told me last week that they closed down.....i was in Canandaigua today and pick up my Garbage plate @ Charlie :) i also recommend Mac's Philly ;)
Charlie's has been closed for two months. If you're going to Canandaigua for a Philly steak, take the extra ten minutes and stop at Gunner's place for one of his subs.

I live in Victor. There's not a hell of a lot here that's worthwhile. Pro Gun blows goat balls. Liberty is no better. If you wand a gun shop, drive the 15 minutes to East Rochester for Beikirch's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts