1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
or ask Holmes why he wanted the items," the lawsuit says.

Like that would have mattered? "Why do I want these items? Well, I'm insane, and I plan on shooting up a movie theater"

Maybe they'll also make the movie theaters put up "Gun-Free Zone" signs to make sure deranged lunatics stay away.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hopefully the suppliers counter sue for wrongful prosecution and win. These people can't get at Holmes. They feel powerless and want someone to blame. When it comes to guns, it's always the gun and ammo's fault, never the person. remember that.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Figures a pro-boner suit?

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Anger displacement occurs when you direct your angry thoughts and feelings at someone or something that is safe or convenient, rather than the actual source of your anger.

Like the bullets loaded themselves, and made this evil lunatic kill their loved one. Once it gets to this point, I stop feeling sorry for them.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Brady campaign is involved....no wonder.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
May be they should sue the theater for being a gun free zone rather then just being a tool for A leftest org. One ccw in that theatre with a pair could have put him down when he took his first shots streight up

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Totally BS lawsuit. Everything was sold legally. IF the authorities or school officials new he was nuts and took no action, SUE THEM.

Sadly, these defendants will have to pay lawyers megabucks to make this go away.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Grieving parents looking for someone to blame.

As stated above, if someone kills someone due too DWI who should be sued? The DRIVER maybe if he survives himself. Who the hell sues the, Car company, the gas company who sold him the fuel, the tire company that gave him the traction, Ohh it was dark when the accident occured its the headlight bulb company that allowed him to drive drunk at night. Sue the town they didn't have a cop in the area to stop him nor did they have a DWI is against the Law sign in plain view on that road,. Sue the state they didn't install guardrails to prevent the alcoholic from jumping over the double yellow. Sue the local gas and sip for selling the sober man the alcohol.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
If they run out of lawsuit ideas, lawyers are going to find a way so you could sue yourself.
...and hopefully settle with some agreeable terms! LOL
the key is to keep the moola roiling for them.

Sue sue sue... the nr.1 sport.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I guess it's time to haul this one up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. Hopefully they won't win, but if they did, it would be extremely bad precedent. They're going to have a hard time proving negligence or an unlawful sale but this is Denver, moonbat central, who knows how a jury would rule.They need to get this thrown out of court and get reimbursement for all expenses. This is absolute garbage and a political misuse of the courts.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Totally BS lawsuit. Everything was sold legally. IF the authorities or school officials new he was nuts and took no action, SUE THEM.

Sadly, these defendants will have to pay lawyers megabucks to make this go away.
I'm willing to bet that the lawyers are the ones pushing this angle.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I'm willing to bet that the lawyers are the ones pushing this angle.
Its outrageous, Its egregious, Its preposterous!!!

Nobody knows what a balm is going to do!! Their unpredictable!!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
the goal is to get them to settle out of court and get paid something... then, this will also discourage online ammo retailers from selling ammo online... no ammo online means paying higher prices in stores, paying higher prices in stores means less people will shoot, less people shooting means less future generations interested in guns, less future generations interested in guns means its easier to pass stricter gun control laws in the future, less guns in the future means closer to communist utopia... i guarantee that the Brady Campaign has this thought in their head empty freaking heads.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes, the lawyers for the Plaintiffs. Of course. Payday.
Pro Bono my ass. They are looking for a payday.
I have to disagree. There is not going to be a payday, Brady sees this as a money vs. money thing, By bringing these frivolous suits, they intend to raise the level of fear, uncertainty and doubt in existing and prospective ammo dealers, possibly even raising their cost of doing business by insurance actuaries raising their liability rates.

"either knew or in the exercise of of ordinary care should have known or knew that it was substantially certain that Holmes intended or was likely to use *X* in a way that would create an unreasonable risk of harm to others"

That is basically the statement that matters. Brady will have to prove (under preponderance of evidence standard?) that the defendants could or did know what Holmes intended. They present no meaningful facts to back up that assertion, and I suspect that they are unlikely to find any either.

This is exactly the type of suit that they tried in the past that lead to the passage of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts