New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snuck out to the Alabama Swamps after work today, usually I'm not too thrilled with the slobs out there, but today I am pleased!

Wood Road surface Landscape Pollution Asphalt

I'm going to count how many I scored while I'm on lunch tomorrow. I found a good bit in the grass as well! From the headstamps I looked at, it could all be Lake City '12

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Nice! All I got when I was there was a bunch of Glock-marked .40 brass and a small pail of .22lr cases. Nobody else was there, so we walked downrange and picked up cans, computer parts, and other unidentified bits of scraps.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Love it when that happens. Everyone in Monroe County seems to reload, I almost never find someone who isn't saving all their brass.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i don't reload and I'm way to lazy to sell 1000 brass for $50. i go through about 2000 rounds year on the AR. ill start picking more up if anyone wants them. usually buy myself AE ammo or buy some lake city when i find a decent sale

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was at my local range last weekend, and there were army people there shooting.... they must of went through 100 rounds a piece. I still am kicking myself for not picking up all the brass they foolishly just shot like it was nothing. Now on, I am carrying an empty bag or a small box to the range lol. You got a sweet score.

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you do not reload is there a vale for the brass. how much and where could you sell it
You can give it to me. :eek: I would be very thankful :) or like "Fredanater" said a scrap yard. You will want to have a bunch to make it worth your time unless they are very close to you.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Problem with a scrap yard is that they're going to give you a lot less than would a reloader, and by selling it you're supporting your fellow gun owners. At the very least, I'd save some if the reloading bug ever bites, but sell the rest. Maybe list it as pick-up only to save yourself the trouble.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
pick it up and give it away free... its better than letting it go to waste

i use mostly steel due to fact i dont reload and steel is cheap but i hate the stuff wish i used more brass... its cleaner for some reason

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Brass cases expand more than steel. That seals gasses out of the chamber better than steel will. Plus, stuff in steel cases is intended to be cheap, so it's probably loaded with dirtier powder.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice score....

·
Registered
234 Posts
I could never leave a range in that condition. I always pick up any mess I make and now I'm teaching my boy the same. I'm glad you got 500+ rounds out of it, but it still sux someone left it like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts