1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
After reading that article, what is the solution? You can't blame the cops, they can't be everywhere at the same time. The cops most of the time are responding to the calls after the violence happened.

Do the people that live in these areas cooperate with the police or do they still follow the "stop snitching" mentality?

Personally, I think you have to let some "street justice" enter into this. These gang members are animals, plain & simple. You can't talk to them, you can't reason with them. This will never happen in today's society, but it should happen. Too bad there aren't some vigilantes just picking off the bad guys, like Dexter, lol.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Buffalo has a very similar situation and the mayor has just implemented a new "strikeforce" that will last the next 100 days. It consists of 40 officers from the Buffalo police, Erie County Sheriffs, and State Police that will conduct road blocks in the worst areas of the city. I dont know how much this saturation of police force will achieve, but they had issued 30 citations for uninsured, tinted windows, etc. Also, I have personally seen the presence of US border patrol around the city of Buffalo that have pulled people over along the skyway. Needless to say, the city of Buffalo will be avoided alot more than usual in my commute.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dunno squat about RPD but Buffalo PD is a joke when it comes time for drug and gang enforcment.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
hmm, downtown roadblocks. interesting. I don't think that would put a dent in the serious crime that is happening, but it sure could raise some money for the city lol

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
If policy makers were serious about reducing crime the first step would be to put a plan to decriminalize drugs. But this is a touchy and controversial subject for many and crime itself is a business too, not just for the crooks but also for government.
We are rapidly approaching a point where hard decisions will have to be made. The prohibition did very little to stop drinking, in fact made it more popular than ever and created a strong foundation for organized crime to thrive until they realized the stupidity of trying to enforce total control.
Now we have the same situation with all drugs. So until this issue is addressed one of the main foundations of crime will continue to get stronger every day. So what happens after you decriminalize things and instead educate the population?
It is nothing new...
Ten Years Ago Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs. What Happened Next? | The Fix

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Flash thats what I think. If they dont find drugs or guns in some schmucks car, they can fall back on summons to fund this whole thing. I think the scourge of the city will avoid the roadblock area, and come back the next day when the road block is at another location.

Strike Force conducts first road check | WIVB.com

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
We need more gun control.

Now, I didn't even read that article, and I have no idea if guns were involved, but I posted this on purpose because I want to be as well informed as the people that would actually lobby for gun control in this situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts