New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my first call was strange, I get on scene and the first thing the guy tells me is he's packing. Why oh why would you tell the tow truck driver that? I knew that already, since it looked like he was carrying a brick on his hip but seriously, it was a weird way to start a conversation. How many folks would be worried the tow truck driver would discover you had a gun? What would I care for? You know how many times I go into a car and open the glove box to get the owners manual and see mags and ammo? Would you want me to know, I think I wouldn't tell anyone. It did lead into a nice talk on his ride home!

Thanks for listening to my cunfuddling story

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Yea what SR20 said I agree with, he probably knew he was going to be riding with you in the truck and just wanted to break the ice ASAP about carrying his sidearm, it would avoid any strange and tense moments if somehow you caught view of it and you were one of the uneducated masses who assumes that the only people who carry a firearm are bad guys. Obviously you aren't - but I'm sure as with all of us he has dealt with strange looks and criticism about firearms in public unless he is at a shooting range with other properly educated people.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I just wouldn't have. I view everyone that I don't know as a anti gun nut, so I just avoid the topic in general. I am always glad to see and tow people with military or NRA stickers, they always get better service from me.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't have either. That could have easily been

"Hey, just to let you know, I'm carrying."

"OK. Brb."..."Hello, police? Some guy just threatened me out here at the tow site. He said he has a gun. Send someone quick!"

Sure, he could have said it "in case it was seen", but if you are doing your CCW job, that won't happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts