New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a different kind of reloading problem.

I reload 9mm & have several solid WST recipes that work 100% in all my firearms. Recently a friend has started reloading using my gear & recipes. He is a handicapped vet & is a safe shooter, but his grip is not the greatest. He has had a couple of strokes, and I just don't think his grip is going to get corrected due to his physical realities. He has no problems shooting factory loads through his Beretta Storm. But shooting the WST reloads....stove pipe central. In fact, I can shoot his pistol with the same ammo and not have stove pipe issues. The thing that drives me crazy is that that he can run factory ammo with no problems.

So here is question.......
I have room to increase the powder in my current WST recipes, but I wonder if I should switch to another powder? WST is fast, would a slower powder help him?

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do not reload but I think you will have to experiment a little to find what works. I also had a stroke so I know how how he feels, my two handed grip is crap and I need front rest for rifle fire. When life throws a curve you adjust and keep swinging.

M1-TA

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I can make you a few with power pistol, 231 & unique if you want to try they first

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can make you a few with power pistol, 231 & unique if you want to try they first
Thanks for the offer, but I actually look forward to trying some other powders to compare. I have been loading WST exclusively for a couple of years now, it will be fun to experiment a little. Even if they don't work for him, I will shoot the remaining pound of powder! :)

231 & unique are both on the faster end aren't they? I was thinking I would try something slower than WST.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not reload but I think you will have to experiment a little to find what works. I also had a stroke so I know how how he feels, my two handed grip is crap and I need front rest for rifle fire. When life throws a curve you adjust and keep swinging.

M1-TA
Yup, my buddy loves to shoot & has to will his body into submission! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts