New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't catch much of it, but I did hear them say that it easy to obtain a kit that will allow you to turn a semi-auto AK into a select-fire weapon. Ummm...is that true?

Audio won't be up until later, but it's probably worth a listen, only to laugh at the anti-gun spin that it's likely to have.

Why Operation Fast And Furious Failed : NPR

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm pretty sure they said a fifty caliber bullet is the size of a small beer bottle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Didn't catch much of it, but I did hear them say that it easy to obtain a kit that will allow you to turn a semi-auto AK into a select-fire weapon. Ummm...is that true?
The kit is fairly common and sells for less that $100 down here. Buuuuuut, it's their laws that make it legal to buy and trade them. So they either need to change the law or STFU!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I don't know what/how, but i've heard it only takes a couple small changes on an AR to make it go boomboomboom w/out a silly stock :)

And yes, 50 cal bullets are the size of Red Stripe bottles... I thought everyone knew that? LOL

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Perhaps they'd be more accepting of rifles where the bullets are no larger than a thumb? I think that may just about cover the 20mm rifles, too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know what/how, but i've heard it only takes a couple small changes on an AR to make it go boomboomboom w/out a silly stock :)
A lighting link is pretty simple, but illegal unless the part is transferable, same with the Registered-DIAS (but you need the FA fire control group) otherwise you'll need a new select fire selector, hammer, automatic sear, disconnector, full auto bolt carrier group AND a hole milled preciesly above the selector for the auto sear, which again is ALL illegal. Even having the parts and a semi auto AR15 is called 'constructive possession', something the BATF look very dimly on.

All this crap about it being easy, is complete nonsense.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
A lighting link is pretty simple, but illegal unless the part is transferable, same with the Registered-DIAS (but you need the FA fire control group) otherwise you'll need a new select fire selector, hammer, automatic sear, disconnector, full auto bolt carrier group AND a hole milled preciesly above the selector for the auto sear, which again is ALL illegal. Even having the parts and a semi auto AR15 is called 'constructive possession', something the BATF look very dimly on.

All this crap about it being easy, is complete nonsense.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I'm pretty sure they said a fifty caliber bullet is the size of a small beer bottle.
A .50 BMG is more the size of an airplane bottle (girth wise...not height), if we are so adamant about using alcohol definitions.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are auto safety sears for AR15s being sold on the back pages of Shotgun news, nothing but a honey pot by the BATF if you ask me, but sure enough, they are in every shotgun news.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Well the ATF NEEDS to start collecting full-auto weapons...you know, to replace the ones they "lost".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why is everyone focused on how easy or not easy it is to turn ar's and ak's into full auto? When we should be focused on the fact members of our government supplied drug cartels with guns in order to undermine americans faith in the second amendment and pass stringent gun laws in border states under the misconception more gun control means more safety, which is completly false.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts