New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum more often and Im confused on something. Someone mentioned in a thread that stores wont be able to sell ammo starting in January because they wont have the 'seller of ammo license' that doesn't exist yet? Any truth to this or am I just mis reading things? That would really stink if I couldnt get ammo from Dicks or gander etc....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Its a whole lot of mis-information. Just spoke to the lodge Manager at DSG and he has recieved word that the sales will continue as is. The NYSP has postponed the background checks for a full yr.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Lodge managers dont make those decisions the corporate lawyers do, an if there is no system in place legally for them to obtain such licence to sell ammunition do you really think any large corporation is going to allow any sales to take place that could potentially expose them to legal liability. take it for what you will...... some companies are already sending out e-mail's regarding the cancelation of outstanding orders, brick an mortar stores can tell you everything is unicorn's and rainbows face to face but will simply pull ther inventory quietly overnight, How fast did Dick's pull all AR's off their shelves before any law was even passed. ?????

·
Registered
968 Posts
Lodge managers dont make those decisions the corporate lawyers do, an if there is no system in place legally for them to obtain such licence to sell ammunition do you really think any large corporation is going to allow any sales to take place that could potentially expose them to legal liability. take it for what you will...... some companies are already sending out e-mail's regarding the cancelation of outstanding orders, brick an mortar stores can tell you everything is unicorn's and rainbows face to face but will simply pull ther inventory quietly overnight, How fast did Dick's pull all AR's off their shelves before any law was even passed. ?????
But if the corporate lawyers have given the store mgrs the green light then it must be because they got the go ahead from NYSP.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
until it ammended into the law it's not legal to do so, if the NYSP came out and said were going to remove the speed limits on the highways does it make it legal or does it still need to pass both the state assembly and senate and be signed by the governor ???

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Several Walmarts have said that they will continue to sell ammo as usual.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Which ones?
Sorry, they probably don't down on Long Island, but up here it is common place.

Glenville, Clifton Park, Saratoga, and Malone are some that I have asked.

As usual means that you have to be there the morning of the shipment or your SOL.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Someone needs to see Tom King's post. NYSP say ammo bgc. system WILL be up and running soon and will cost 10$ for each bgc. That will be raised to 20$ soon. Are you getting pissed yet?? Ready to vote yet??

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Sorry, they probably don't down on Long Island, but up here it is common place.

Glenville, Clifton Park, Saratoga, and Malone are some that I have asked.

As usual means that you have to be there the morning of the shipment or your SOL.
Right now Walmart in Valley Steam has an ammo case that is so packed it is bulging. The only thing not in stock is 9mm range ammo, but they do have the expensive Federal carry ammo. They even have .22 for $2.87 a box.

I was questioning whether they will continue after 1/15 because they will require:

A sellers license
Sales clerks trained in record keeping.

That's a lot to ask for $9 or $10 an hour.

·
Registered
877 Posts
my walmart in Big Flats is gonna keep selling. the kid that runs that department keeps up on the laws. I'm trying to get him to join the forum. Dick's is planning too i believe as well... but just in case i pick up rounds whenever i got spare cash in my pocket. Honestly i only like to buy with paper (its actually cotton) because i feel like they cant tell how much i buy via looking at my card history... then again i buy everything with cash for the most part. LOL!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Right now Walmart in Valley Steam has an ammo case that is so packed it is bulging. The only thing not in stock is 9mm range ammo, but they do have the expensive Federal carry ammo. They even have .22 for $2.87 a box.

I was questioning whether they will continue after 1/15 because they will require:

A sellers license
Sales clerks trained in record keeping.

That's a lot to ask for $9 or $10 an hour.
All I know is that they said it will not change for them. If it is going to change, the store employees have not been notified yet.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Riddle me this the non-believers, how many NY located wal-mart and Dick's sporting goods have NY compliant AR's on the sales racks ??? not any that i'm aware of because of potential liability

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Riddle me this the non-believers, how many NY located wal-mart and Dick's sporting goods have NY compliant AR's on the sales racks ??? not any that i'm aware of because of potential liability
Buying what I can when I can at the moment. PA and OH trips are in my future I believe.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
FFl's are automatically registered as ammo dealers. All others have to submit the Seller of Ammunition to the NYS Police. Its available ay NYSAFEACT.com. No BGC is needed on the 15th. It stars 30 days after the NYSP says data base is up and running. There is a FAQ section on the web site also. Components are not covered by the BGC.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

They pulled ar's from their shelves before the unsafe act was passed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not sure how long this letter from NYSP has been up but it's on the SAFE ACT website and regards ammo sales.

http://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/de...etterfromNewYorkStatePoliceSuperintendent.pdf
I read the open letter from the Supr.......where in the law is there an exemption for "Organizational Keepers of Ammunition".....? Guess I'll have read through that BS again.

so this implies that some organization that promotes gun safety and marksmanship (such as a summer camp or one of those many religous camps spread throughout the Catskills) can still receive direct shipment of ammo flats but we can't?? I can see in the future a proliferation of Billy Bobs' Shootin' Range and Youth Summer Camps sprouting all over the hinterlands.....all one has to is swear to a statement? <sarcasm alert>

i see this letters appearance as more ammunition for our legal teams, Equal Protection, arbitrary enforcement.........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts