New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
They have to give DC time to come up with more resections, so they can infringed on people rights! even when they lose they win!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
It was expected and the stay is from the same judge who made the ruling. Hopefully he reviews their plan like the judge did in IL and shoot down a lot of the a BS that they tried to infringe on CCW rights.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I wouldn't agree to a 90 day stay if I had just won the case. What's up with that? Passing the BGC isn't good enough for me to purchase a handgun and choose when and if I want to leave my home with it concealed or openly carried?
These concealed carry laws are nothing more than a registration scheme.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Same thing happened with IL and Chicago - the state is always given a stay to come up with a constitutional law that allows CCW.

Chicago tried to do a NYC style system and was shot down by the judge hard. Now Chicago and IL are shall issue.

Same will happen here. Shall issue is coming to DC soon since this judge won't allow and BS from DC.

Yet NY and especially NYC are still a lost cause. We will never get a favorable ruling.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
They have to give DC time to come up with more resections, so they can infringed on people rights! even when they lose they win!
They need time to:

1. Get a .PDF of NYC's firearms statutes
  2. Execute a document-wide search-and-replace substituting "District of Columbia" for "New York City"
  3. Print the new comprehensive District of Columbia firearms bill
  4. Have the bill passed and signed into law

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Apparently they're "memo of necessity" exempt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts