New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
The first amendment trumps all.

The second amendment should also trump all but apparently the government doesn't agree.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know anymore. The SCOTUS would probably say that is hate speech and lock you up for good. But I guess the Men and Women who risk and sacrifice life and limb to earn those awards should have that tainted because joe blow wants to lie and say they earned it. This has not been a very good day for me to say the least.

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I can start lieing and telling everyone I earned every medal possible even ones that dont exist anymore and they stopped issueing before I was born. After all it would make me feel better about myself after a day like today and I might as well take advantage of 1 right that is still going strong.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I am a space shuttle door gunner and earned the purple Iron Cross

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Really? I thought I was the only one. We should have a reunion in 10 years to reminisce about the glory days.
send me an invitation I have the distinguished combat astronaut badge and the I survived obama care ribbon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This reminds me of the time a dip**** instructor wore a SEAL trident on his uniform to class one day. Needless to say he did not have the physical fitness to support such an accomplishment, and he had a VERY stern talking to.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This reminds me of the time a dip**** instructor wore a SEAL trident on his uniform to class one day. Needless to say he did not have the physical fitness to support such an accomplishment, and he had a VERY stern talking to.
Holy p00p! Do tell please! Peanut gallery demands the story!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I have never served but would like to think Honor still exists among those who did. There is no honor among thieves; today's ruling hasn't changed that nor would it have it went the other way.

I share your disappointment with today's SCOTUS decisions which did not go as I expected. Yet ironically I believe we will look back upon today as the driver of Romney's election. ObamaCare may very well be Constitutional; it still doesn't make it good law. I've decided to make a contribution to Romney's campaign afterall. Something I wasn't going to do before this mornings news. I suspect there are millions of others who will now so the same.

On the bright side, we've got Holder on the ropes, heh, heh. Better days ahead.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Holy p00p! Do tell please! Peanut gallery demands the story!
Nothing much to the story really. The sailor in question was an instructor in the Electronics Technician I was going through. I guess he figured no one would notice he never wore the trident before (lol).

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Romney already has way more money the Obama. I dont think Romney is going to do things any different but I hope I am wrong.

Also the HC law calls it a penalty if you dont buy insurance. And it really is a tax only if you dont buy insurance. That is very bad case law and B.S. in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I have never served but would like to think Honor still exists among those who did. There is no honor among thieves; today's ruling hasn't changed that nor would it have it went the other way.
They're still scumbags when they do it. It just shouldn't be illegal unless they gain from it. Attempt to defraud is already illegal.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
As I understand it, the Stolen Valor Act didn't prohibit imitating a veteran, it only prohibited imitating a veteran for fraudulent purposes.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Like Jeff said, fraud is already illegal. The last thing this country needs is another useless law on the books. SCOTUS made the right call on this one. They're batting 50% lately.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
As I understand it, the Stolen Valor Act didn't prohibit imitating a veteran, it only prohibited imitating a veteran for fraudulent purposes.
If that is the case then i'm glad it was struck down. It's like banning smoking because people throw butts on the ground and littering is already illegal. Or banning renting out an apartment (zoning laws) because of noise concerns when there is already a noise ordnance. We need less laws and actually enforce them, not more laws that solve nothing.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
A lot of troops earned what they wear, and they earned it the hard way. But sadly, a significant percentage of some of those medals/awards are simply handed out for no real reason. So anytime I see a particular ribbon/medal I always wonder, is that one earned or was it given out? So it's almost a "so what" if someone who wasn't awarded it wears it, considering.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts