New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Here ya go....!! Any of these kits will do,I don't go big on the kit's with triggger springs and trigger parts because you will be hard pressed to break those parts......But the detents,and small parts kit's are great to have on hand.....They have free shipping all summer as well....Link below...

Repair Kits - Lower Parts - AR-15

· Registered
2,913 Posts

· Registered
573 Posts
It depends on how self sufficient you want to be.
You can buy an upper and lower build parts kit, along with a gas tube/roll pin, and have pretty much every small part that could go wrong. The only thing I would add would be an extra bolt. An extra buffer spring isn't a bad idea either, they do wear out over time.

Common wear and tear parts will be covered by the repair kits, but a couple extra bucks, and you can have everything.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
3 pack extractor kit w/extractor, spring and insert (or at least the 3 pack spring and insert kit and 1 extractor), and a couple packs of gas rings wouldn't hurt.
Nor would an ejector and spring, but might be beyond 'general need' if not a volume shooter and/or don't have proper punches to do the change.

Charging handle never hurts.

If you can swing it, a whole BCG would be of use in the event of a bolt (previously mentioned) cam pin, firing pin, firin pin retaining pin or gas key failure/damage/loss

I kinda like to have at least 1 LPK on hand as a spares source on top of the plano box full of bits and bobs.
(front sight posts w/detent and spring, rear sight parts, stuff like that)
But then again my range bag also has every carbine buffer weight from standard up through H3 LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.