New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To anyone here whom is a member at the Stillwater Rod & Gun club I'm in need of your help. Today while I was hunting from my treestand, I witnessed a small silver truck (looked like a Ford Ranger but not 100% positive) with American flags mounted behind the cab on each side of the bed leaving with split wood from the club!! I went down and looked and sure enough .... nearly 1/2 cord is GONE!! They left beer cans everywhere and even went so far as to hang them from the trees near the river. Also, someone has broken into the tractor barn. The latch that the lock attaches to was cut and the barn doors were closed but left unlocked so it allowed access to the tractors. The place was a mess and all cabinets were opened. Luckily I didn't leave my tools there!! If anyone has any info on a small silver truck that has been seen at the range or whatever, please let me know. They are, or are coming in with, a member!! I'm also looking for the owner of a lifted white Ford truck with black rims and a "forced induction" style hood. The LEO members have been notified and are helping out as well with this matter.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Very disappointing to hear someone did that. Had you seen those trucks at the range before?

I will definitely keep my eyes open for them when I go.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Can you put a trail can up they won't see to Get a license plate?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Takes alot of guts or stupidity to steal from a gun club.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
scumbags. People like that force clubs to have gate cards, photo IDs, and CCTVs.

I hope they get caught. Oh...and Karma is a bitch.

best of luck Chicken Shoot.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Very disappointing to hear someone did that. Had you seen those trucks at the range before?

I will definitely keep my eyes open for them when I go.
I've seen the white Ford truck before and I believe they got a talking to before about something ... not sure. I spend so much time on the grounds and now getting the wood ready for winter, I don't get to spend a whole lot of time on the range side. :(

But hey .... anyone wanna shoot tomorrow??

It's not quite that fancy though ....

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Stealing from that club when we barely take in enough to cover costs, and so much is donated, is just crap. You have to be a piece of crap human to do that. I'm going to visit my son this weekend so I won't be shooting. Maybe I can catch up to you in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
That is terrible. It amazes me that an actual member could do something like that against his own club. Stealing split wood is probably the most lowdown theft of all. I know it doesn't sound like much value until you think about the amount of time, and effort to cut it, split it, and stack it.

It's a good thing there wasn't one of those " buy something off this table and leave the money in a jar" stands or the whole thing would have disappeared.

Not that I've ever had much faith in people, but this definitely lowers my expectations even further.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
SPIKER .. ya know, it's not the fact that the wood they took was hand split and stacked, which did take some time, it's just the fact that they took it. Had someone been in need of it for heat, for their house, for an elderly person or a sick child or what have you, JUST ASK ME!! I would have HELPED them load the wood myself!!! Damn ... it's not like this club is all high and mighty ... we help more people than anything else and don't expect anything in return. All they had to do was ask ... that's it. Hell ... if these people approached me and told me it was them that took it and offered to do some work around the club grounds, all would be good .. ya know??

Oh ... I located the white Ford truck ... all issues are resolved with them and everything is good there. Still looking for the silver truck and it's owner as are the police.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Good luck catching those d-bags.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
can we get details on the guys in the white truck CS?
The silver truck is the one that I saw with the wood in the back. The white Ford has been taken care of and they were not involved in any of this activity, but were involved in another incident that was reported to me but all is done with that. As far as the small silver truck, I can't tell you what the driver or passenger looked like. I was in my treestand over 100yds away so being able to identify anyone in that truck is impossible. I only know what I've stated about a small to midsize silver truck with flags on either side behind the cab. :( The police have taken the beer cans they left behind for fingerprinting ... I don't know if that will pan out or not though.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The silver truck is the one that I saw with the wood in the back. The white Ford has been taken care of and they were not involved in any of this activity, but were involved in another incident that was reported to me but all is done with that. As far as the small silver truck, I can't tell you what the driver or passenger looked like. I was in my treestand over 100yds away so being able to identify anyone in that truck is impossible. I only know what I've stated about a small to midsize silver truck with flags on either side behind the cab. :(
Dean, The flags are actual real flags or decals in the rear window?
Guess if we have folks like that hanging around I can kiss the Mags goodbye hey?
I will be watchful.
Also, I may be cutting some maple when the leaves are down. Was going to sell it where it is cut. If I had a hand I could use my truck to drop off. I will mention it at next meeting. Will not be split or seasoned but would be good for next year.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Sounds like kids in their 20s to me. Driving around causing trouble, and throwing beer cans. They have a key to get in, so it might be a matter of going through the membership records and checking out the younger guys first.

The only problem is that there are too many d-heads that haven't grown up either, so it expands the search criteria.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts