New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for my permit in Herkimer County NY in November 2013. The deputy told me they got all caught up over the summer and it would take the standard 4-6 months. I called today to check on the status and I was advised that Herk County was still stuck on applications of May 2013. So I do not know what is going on.

I have a friend that applied in July and a few weeks ago he called the Sheriffs and they told him it was on the Sheriffs desk waiting to see the Judge and he should have it by the end of February. So I am not sure what the conflict of time frames is all about.

Does any one else have any estimated waiting periods for their permit in Herkimer County?

Also, I may have to move to Oneida County, hence my urgency to get my permit issued in Herkimer County so I can just transfer it, has any body ever had to move mid permit investigation and if so was it easy to get the investigation transferred to another county?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Don't know about Herkimer County, I'm Oneida County and just got my letter last week, 6 months to the day of getting printed. I stopped by the Pistol office with a buddy the end of December, and they said at that time they were just looking at July applications. So I guess by the time the pistol office is doing its thing, it takes another month to get the actual letter. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I am rele fed up with it. Its been three months and I don't mind waiting but jeez one person tells me 4-6 months and the other tells me they r still on last years permits and wont be getting until mine for a while. I'm afraid when I move they won't transfer it and I will have wasted 100 dollars of my money and time applying.

In another state I could simply go to the gun store....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.