New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Destino, a Dem, Breaks From Party, Supports SAFE Act Repeal
As Destino pointed out to the Reporter on numerous occasions, the Senate Republicans, who controlled the Senate at the time of the SAFE Act's passage in January, 2013, had only to not permit it to go to the floor for a vote, as Democrats always do when they oppose a law.

He has a point.

The fact that the Senate Republican leadership allowed it, showed clearly they were not 2nd Amendment watchdogs. That some of these same senators cynically voted against the SAFE Act, while, at the same time, allowing the SAFE Act to come to the floor for a vote in the first place, shows the hypocrisy of these Republicans.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver would never allow a bill he disbelieves in to come to the Assembly floor for a vote.

Today, we have the SAFE Act not only because of a liberal anti-Aecond Amendment governor and an uber-liberal Manhattan-centric State Assembly, but also because Senate Republicans allowed the SAFE Act to, precisely, "go to the floor in the middle of the night, before the ink was dry on printed copies, and with no debate."

For them to say now, the SAFE Act is an infringement of rights, is about the near height of hypocrisy.

It took all three - governor, assembly and Republican -controlled senate - to do this anti-freedom SAFE Act tango.

He's right.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
That is one lesson, but the greater lesson is that the majority of incumbent politicians, by virtue of how the US' government is setup, shouldn't be in power; we'd all be better off if they weren't. I don't believe republicans are any better than dems; I dislike most of the people in both parties. They are dishonest, spineless, and bought off. They are for themselves and their cronies, not for the people.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Beware: All politicians wear flips flops and are subject to convenient episodes of selective memory. They're like dogs, you have to constantly hold their attention or they will do as they please.

·
Registered
401 Posts
This further makes the point for term limits and making politics a part time job ! the fact that this will never happen shows just how broken the system is and hard it will be to correct it . God bless the 2nd and the fact that he gave it !

·
Registered
644 Posts
Its not an R vs D issue. Voting one party over the other isn't going to protect our 2A rights. You have to vote for pro 2A candidates.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I will only vote to reward or punish on a single issue (2nd amendment). I don't care about political parties or political leanings.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
ON everything!! If theyre willing to give up the second A, then they're willing to give up on any of them.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I believe this was the key reason why flip-flopping, formerly-Democrap State Senator Grisanti was ousted from the R ticket in the primary. Republican voters wanted him out of the NYS Senate since mid January 2014, and they met their goals in this case by showing up to the primary and voting for Stocker. Unfortunately for gun owners, the majority of the other back-stabbers survived the primary, the only choice voters have is crap and more crap.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
A money hungry corrupt NY government and at the time backed by a billionare NYC mayor with a Napoleon complex. Bloomie had a HUGE!!! hand on safe make no mistake.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There are two types of politicians in Albany. Anti gunners and those that will sell us out for the right deal.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
This is important, for the regulars I may sound like a broken record, but we must know our enemy as we know ourselves - Sun Tzu

At the federal level, presidents:
LBJ (D) - 1968 GCA passes with Republican support and NO filibuster

Nixon (R) - freaks out and wants to ban handguns

Ford (R) - passes ITAR, preventing the importation of gun parts

Reagan (R) - 1986 FOPA, bans further manufacture of auto receivers forever, NO that amendment was NOT secretly placed in w/o Reagan's knowledge

Bu$h 41 (R) - 1989 banned importation of "assault weapons"

Slick Willy (D)- 1994 AWB, supported by Republicans and formers presidents Reagan and Bu$H

Bu$H 43 (R) - 2004 campaigned to renew the Slick Willy AWB, 2005 allowed the import barrel ban to go into effect, destroying the chance of myriad cool lines of military-style guns planned by Century like a semi-auto Russian maxim 1910 to be marketed (plus homebuilds needing obscure barrels), Bu$h 43 also made NO ATTEMPT to undue the disgusting anti-gun executive orders put into effect by Clinton or his father.

NOTICE all the "R's," Republican fingerprints everywhere!

If ANYONE thinks the modern Republican party is a trusted firewall for the 2Am. then they are delusional, sadly as the new Democratic party of two years ago has made gun rights a fundraising wedge-issue, we are without ANY true guardians of Liberty.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Given that there is now a clear link between corruption, Moorland, and SAFE I draw the conclusion that RINOs who voted for SAFE were involved with a cover-up and are either corrupt or hiding RINO corruption.

The corollary is that politicians who voted against SAFE had little to fear and are (relatively) free of corruption.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
The Ny republican leadership burned the midnight oil and it was decided after a long and tepid debate that they will adopt this new logo to more accurately represent and lead them into the new progressive era. Footwear Shoe Leg Shorts Human body
Robin

Attachments

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
How the heck did that get in there, can't delete it. Oh well, brings back memories to me anyway, HAH!
Robin

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hey Robin, in you're second picture is that the new middle class in Upstate NY after the demorat's get reelected in November and allow all the illegal aliens into NY. :mad:

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
is that you robin?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts