New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a very nice model 67E for a good price. I did a search on Google and found out it is just a basic shotgun. The gun has be restored and I would say close to excellent condition. Came with a case, a nice padded leather sling, scope and mounts which I paid $175. The guy blued the gun which is what he does for a living. Are these shotguns reliable? Did I do ok? I will post some pics up soon.

Thanks, James

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
If your going to pound out a lot of rounds it;s not going to last, if your using it for hunting and an occasional round of clays it will be fine. I think they are nice looking guns.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your going to pound out a lot of rounds it;s not going to last, if your using it for hunting and an occasional round of clays it will be fine. I think they are nice looking guns.
Why is that? I really do not know a lot about shotguns.

James

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
They just don't hold up to a lot of shooting, part will weaken/break after a while, compare part to part with a M500 or R870, you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
848 Posts
They are a good reliable field grade gun. I doubt that the average shooter would ever have trouble with failures, given proper maintainence.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They just don't hold up to a lot of shooting, part will weaken/break after a while, compare part to part with a M500 or R870, you'll see what I mean.
What parts should I be looking for? Anything I should specifically look at from a safety point of view?

Thanks, James

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are a good reliable field grade gun. I doubt that the average shooter would ever have trouble with failures, given proper maintainence.
Hopefully next week I will get a chance to shoot it. I will have pictures up soon.

James

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
What parts should I be looking for? Anything I should specifically look at from a safety point of view?

Thanks, James
The usual stuff springs, extractor claw, firing pin... but as I said, unless you pound a ton of rounds through it, you'll be happy. I had either a Savage or Noble that broke the firing pin, sometimes it would fire, some times not, can't remember which gun it was.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The usual stuff springs, extractor claw, firing pin... but as I said, unless you pound a ton of rounds through it, you'll be happy. I had either a Savage or Noble that broke the firing pin, sometimes it would fire, some times not, can't remember which gun it was.
Yeah I just wanted to make sure nothing catastrophic would happen. No pics yet, my camera is being a pain. Time for a new camera!! LOL!

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts