New York Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ive heard from some its a ke shell casing Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting Gas Circle Astronomical object Artifact and from others its a navy aa gun shell

was told last night it may also be a 105mm cannon shell

asking 15$ bucks

as always will trade for corrosive and non corrosive ammo as long as its firing (762x39, 223, 5.56, 12gupto 3 in, match, subsonic, or hyper vol 22lr rounds

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
was told last night it may also be a 105mm cannon shell

asking 30?? bucks? i really have no idea what its worth so offers and suggestions are welcome, including an idea for price point if im wildly off value
Looks to be a 105. I bought a brass one for Jeff for $20 but that was back in 2006. I don't think your $30 is out of line. Clean em up and they make nice living room conversation pieces.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks to be a 105. I bought a brass one for Jeff for $20 but that was back in 2006. I don't think your $30 is out of line. Clean em up and they make nice living room conversation pieces.
one in brass would be worth that almost in scrap... since they seem abundant call it $15 picked up in utica

other trades, ammo collections (single rounds of vintage handgun or rifle cases) or maybe a set of weaver style rings (steel only) 1in

i would keep it if it was brass, but as it is i have to much "man cave" crap in my house
between me and my brother we have about 12 bows and crossbows on our walls and about one hundred model and flying model airplanes and engines on display in our house
i sold a 4000$ plotter this weekend for 500 bucks just to see my floor again!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'll give you $20 if you could ship it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i legally ship an inert artillery shell? would you pay shipping? im pretty sure there aint no priority box that would fit this

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
can i legally ship an inert artillery shell? would you pay shipping? im pretty sure there aint no priority box that would fit this
Yes you can ship. I've shipped hollow grenades to family, when the postal worker ask why so heavy, I showed him and he bought one. I'll pay for the shipping.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pm me zip code please, ill mock up a box around it
15 plus actual shipping via paypal is good for me

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Pm sent, pm your info and I'll get paypal you tonight.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Do you have the gun that shoots it if so i might be interested!!!!!Just kidding,neat conversation piece....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i had the gun it camE from id be in arizona reloading this thing in my basement

5 to one says gunner has one!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Do you have the gun that shoots it if so i might be interested!!!!!Just kidding,neat conversation piece....
I got have picture of me sitting on one when the USS Alabama was tipped over. It will go great with that.

·
Registered
810 Posts
one in brass would be worth that almost in scrap... since they seem abundant call it $15 picked up in utica

other trades, ammo collections (single rounds of vintage handgun or rifle cases) or maybe a set of weaver style rings (steel only) 1in

i would keep it if it was brass, but as it is i have to much "man cave" crap in my house

between me and my brother we have about 12 bows and crossbows on our walls and about one hundred model and flying model airplanes and engines on display in our house
i sold a 4000$ plotter this weekend for 500 bucks just to see my floor again!
Where do you fly those R/C Planes?

·
Registered
810 Posts
anywhere there is enough room and its legal
as of late we been flying oriskany flats (when were not hunting it i fly it)
I have been flying R/C for a few years out at the Highland Frankfort Airport. If you ever want to come and fly let me know. We are a club but you can fly as my guest. We have a full scale runway that we fly off of, or you can fly off the grass area.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been flying R/C for a few years out at the Highland Frankfort Airport. If you ever want to come and fly let me know. We are a club but you can fly as my guest. We have a full scale runway that we fly off of, or you can fly off the grass area.
ive always wanted to fly off of a full scale airport
does your club require ama membership?

i fly mostly electric , but my brother is a fan of high content nitro 1/2a engine on his

·
Registered
810 Posts
ive always wanted to fly off of a full scale airport
does your club require ama membership?

i fly mostly electric , but my brother is a fan of high content nitro 1/2a engine on his
Yes, you do have to have your AMA because we are a sanction club. We fly electrics, nitro, and gas planes..If you want come up sometime bring your plane and try things out you may decide to get your AMA after flying on a scale runway. We have meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tues of the month starting around 7pm.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yes, you do have to have your AMA because we are a sanction club. We fly electrics, nitro, and gas planes..If you want come up sometime bring your plane and try things out you may decide to get your AMA after flying on a scale runway. We have meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tues of the month starting around 7pm.
i appreciate your offer but cannot fly with ama clubs due to my beliefs on where the organization has gone
i was a member for 4 years

ALSO YOU GUYS MAY WANNA LOOK INTO OPENING MEMBERSHIP TO NON AMA MODELERS
lots of us have stoped paying dues for our own reasons involving the ama giving rc modler rights up to easy to the fcc recently

if intrested i can email you some info on why ama gave up fight fpr allowing people to fpv fly beyond pov

also i can show you why ama rolled over on us that use rc helicopters outfitted with cameras and electric sensors to state if we use them to make money we have to pay for licenses

ps i carry my own insurance for 50000 of property damage and 250000 personal injury

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The shell case should have a headstamp. Probably under the rust. It appears to be a 105mm shell from a M60 tank main gun. If it were from a 105 howitzer it would be a straight walled case and substantially shorter. The M60 is a nice little tank w/a nice gun, although not as performance oriented as the Abrahms with a 120mm smooth bore. The Abrahms main gun has a velocity of around 6500 fps and verrry accurate on the move.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
actualy as i was packaging it to go get a shipping qote tommorow i realized there is a little sheild stamped in ink on side

its about .5x.5 inches

its a shame this was not kept in better conditon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.