New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR ANYONE WONDERING ABOUT THE CURRENT NATIONAL FIREARM AND AMMO INVENTORY:

The following appears to have originated on the Valley Guns II Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Valley-Guns-II/200351049990151

Status Update
By Valley Guns II
Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE:

1) We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated!

We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly.

Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of Magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST.

There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up.

Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months.

Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted. To follow is our inventory update for 1/26/13. Please share this info with your shooting buddies. Shoot safe!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's a sh*t ton of ammo going to mil/leo. They must be getting most of it because we sure haven't seen any in MANY WEEKS. The figure does seem high but why do they need so much? HMMM....
Ummm...target practice right? I mean they cant use hp for any international war right? wow wish I could afford to target shoot w/ hollow point instead of that crappy winny white box stuff...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
the number of rounds really is not crazy. alot of the fed depts have to qualify 4 + times a year. Even if you give each officer only 1000 rounds. it adds up quickly. They train with the ammo they carry...

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
WOW I didnt know it was that bad,especially ammo!Now I regret selling all mine,but I knew it was going to be tough getting more.Guess its stocking up on more 30-06 now,glad I like that caliber better than 308.I dont think we will ever see that back in stock or 556 OUCH!

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
DAMMIT! Thaat facking pisses me off! These Goddamn politicians pull this shat and it scrrws up everyone who shoots. I shoot alot and this is really going to mess me up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.