New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start up NY invites out of state companies to come to NY, they can come here and NOT PAY ANY TAXES for 10 years.

NO property tax

NO income tax

No sales tax...(wtf)

I've been in business in this state for 22 years and I still have to pay ALL MY TAXES, If these new businesses don't have to pay any tax why should I have to pay tax?

This gives out of state businesses an unfair advantage to the rest of NY business owners. Not to mention the $160 MILLION DOLLARS of tax money that King Cuomo is spending to promote this BS

Is there any legal minds out there that can comment on "START UP NY"

it should be called "shove it up my *** NY"

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest that You avail yourself of the Offer ...;)
perhaps from Florida
MY business doesn't qualify, even from Florida or the moon for that matter.....except the "pay your taxes" part. Your right though, If I could convince my wife to leave, the only thing you would see outa me is a vapor trail

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
So reduced taxes promote business and create jobs? Why not reduce taxes state wide then?

Oh yeah, because then Cuomo wouldn't be able to hand these opportunities to the businesses of his choosing.

·
Registered
853 Posts
START-UP NY sucks... I want to puke when I see that commercial. The amount of jobs it has created is negligible. The cost to NY taxpayers is enormous. Just the advertising alone is ridiculous. What a slap in the face to NY businesses. And the cost of all this? Yep, on the backs of all of us NY taxpayers. And that the employees of these companies don't have to pay any NY income tax is a kick in the ass to every resident of this god forsaken state.

START-UP NY |

F.U.A.C. -YOU suck...

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I wanted to start a bank so i can do mortgages I was going to name jose & julio but they said Andy does not want anything mortgages, GEEE i WONDER WHY

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Sadly the only way any business would come to NY in the first place would be for tax free status. Its a shame that he leadership of this state think this is some kind of solution to the oppressive taxes paid by New Yorkers.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
11 years from now those businesses founded on artificial cost structures will be broadsided with taxation and forced to close up shop or move elsewhere.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
11 years from now those businesses founded on artificial cost structures will be broadsided with taxation and forced to close up shop or move elsewhere.
or move at 9½ years, after all they just had 9½ years to save up enough money to move. Anyone stupid enough to stay AFTER the 10 years deserves to go OOB

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
What gets me is all the people that have business in new york for years and have been paying taxes in good times and bad, that are now struggling to stay open, who gives them a break.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What gets me is all the people that have business in new york for years and have been paying taxes in good times and bad, that are now struggling to stay open, who gives them a break.
exactly the point of this thread, is "Start Up NY" unconstitutional when the state is giving out-of-state companies a tax free haven, while existing companies struggle

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
exactly the point of this thread, is "Start Up NY" unconstitutional when the state is giving out-of-state companies a tax free haven, while existing companies struggle
So then these new companies that get into Cuomo's crony capitalism plan have will have an extra advantage over the existing businesses that are paying taxes. The program sucks both politically and practically. Cuomo played a game to get some talking points instead of actually fixing anything. Will this program actually create more jobs than the SAFE act drove out of the state?

how is it " un constitutional " ..??
Equal protection clause of the 14th amendment? Not sure. I'd like to think the governor handing out extremely preferential treatment to some businesses is illegal, but considering the crony capitalism going on at all government levels it's probably wishful thinking. Perhaps Preet will discover that Cuomo got campaign donations from the companies that will be in the program.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hence the question..... "is this unconstitutional"

apparently it's just unfair business practice?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Read the stupid thing. LOL They're not tax exempt and it's only good if the business is built or established near a SUNY campus. It's a joke, this state is a joke, politicians are a joke and the entire US govt is a joke!! Unconstitutional??? Everything I just mentioned as being a joke has been shown numerous times over to be unconstitutional.

Taxation without representation .... nuff said

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Start up NY invites out of state companies to come to NY, they can come here and NOT PAY ANY TAXES for 10 years.

NO property tax

NO income tax

No sales tax...(wtf)

I've been in business in this state for 22 years and I still have to pay ALL MY TAXES, If these new businesses don't have to pay any tax why should I have to pay tax?

This gives out of state businesses an unfair advantage to the rest of NY business owners. Not to mention the $160 MILLION DOLLARS of tax money that King Cuomo is spending to promote this BS

Is there any legal minds out there that can comment on "START UP NY"

it should be called "shove it up my *** NY"
Why do you think the media is willingly complicit in promoting their agendas and covering their asses?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm surprised that large service based chains aren't jumping on this. You could easily swoop in, steal existing businesses' employees and undercut their prices.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
10 years from now, if these business last that long, they will feel the pain when they got sodomized with excessive taxes they have to pay for the 10 years they didn't.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts