New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all in one story. Seriously. Ohio woman charged with murder in bizarre stabbing - Yahoo! News "...The two women were sitting in a running parked car Thursday when they got into an argument...Kimberly left the vehicle, went into her house, returned with a knife and stabbed Sharice Swain in the face and neck.. The wounded Swain then stepped on the gas pedal and hit Black's two young children, who were standing near the car. Two-year-old Kimshia Ruffin was killed, and her 1-year-old sister, Taraji Ruffin, was struck, but her injuries were not considering life-threatening, police said. Black, 29, was found naked several blocks away and arrested Thursday night...Black was arrested less than a block away from the location of the now-demolished house where the remains of 11 murdered women were found in 2009."

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Well that sounds like a part of town you make and effort to drive AROUND to get to the other side.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Just when I thought the case of that serial killer couldn't get any weirder. Anthony Sowell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I remember when that went down. A lot of cold cases were attributed to him, the assumption was he killed many more than 11. Many, many more.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow...maybe the area is cursed or something...What the hell part of a human is missing when they are born that they can murder people?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
What kind of person would live in a house that they knew someone killed people and hid bodies in? There's people living in the houses that the two guys the Poughkeepsie tapes were based off of. I don't understand the human mind sometimes even though I'm fascinated by it.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
What kind of person would live in a house that they knew someone killed people and hid bodies in? There's people living in the houses that the two guys the Poughkeepsie tapes were based off of. I don't understand the human mind sometimes even though I'm fascinated by it.
Eh.. people that lack pointless superstition ? I mean no offense to you, but personally I'm more fascinated by people to whom a negative history of inanimate objects and places would make those things worthy of any such disdain. Would it bother you to own a military surplus firearm from say.. WWII , that had potentially taken a life ?

The lives of living people and creatures have meaning and value. Things are just things, and places are just places.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
"Black was arrested less than a block away from the location of a crack in the sidewalk where a mail delivery person almost stumbled and fell in 2009"

Meaningless fluff that does absolutely nothing for the story other than perhaps to somehow sensationalize it, and in fact from a proper journalistic angle practically mocks the seriousness of the event.

Alternate ending #1: Black was cajolled into surrender by unseen kindly spirits that originated at some old house where they were freed from when thier killer was captured and who have been caretaking the neighborhood ever since

Alternate ending #2: Black was terrified into surrender by unseen evil spirits that originated at some old house where their mortal bodies were killed and hidden by a killer and who have been haunting the neighborhood ever since scaring everything from newborn kittens to street toughs

Fluff, fluff, fluff

You want boogie monster stories go pick up a copy of The Star and read up on batboy or whoever has been recently abducted.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I'm not familiar with this, do tell.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The Poughkeepsie tapes was a movie with parts mixed between Kendall Francois and another killer who I forget the name of. One of the guys actually stuffed the bodies in the walls and the house still is actually standing and there's someone living there now.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Eh.. people that lack pointless superstition ? I mean no offense to you, but personally I'm more fascinated by people to whom a negative history of inanimate objects and places would make those things worthy of any such disdain. Would it bother you to own a military surplus firearm from say.. WWII , that had potentially taken a life ?

The lives of living people and creatures have meaning and value. Things are just things, and places are just places.
I would have no problem with a firearm that took a life (i actually almost bought an m1a that has) but a house where there were dead bodies stored in it is just a bit too eerie for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts