New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squatter Takes Over Detroit Home - Video

Legal by force or not I'd just hand her a kitchen knife one day and ask her if it looks funny to her, while shes checking it out I'd blow her away.

"Idk officer, she came at me with the knife, she already thinks she owns my house, she was obviously crazy."

Alright probably not, but seriously, wtf? At least in NY you can beat their ass until they leave for doing this.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
She can't stay in the house 24/7. Wait until she leaves, kick the door down, and throw her crap outside. You didn't "remove her by force", you removed litter from your house. If she wants to come back in, THEN you can be defensive. She is nothing more than a home invader. If she comes back for some stuff and wants to take some stuff, burglary is a justified use of lethal force. In NY at least.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Detroit had been in turmoil forever.....So I am not surprised to hear this....It's a whole different beast out there...!

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She can't stay in the house 24/7. Wait until she leaves, kick the door down, and throw her crap outside. You didn't "remove her by force", you removed litter from your house. If she wants to come back in, THEN you can be defensive. She is nothing more than a home invader. If she comes back for some stuff and wants to take some stuff, burglary is a justified use of lethal force. In NY at least.
Yea apparently in Detroit you can't do that.

I feel bad for that woman, I know if it happened to a member of my family that way all she'd have to do is call and every legal adult would be over there kicking that bitch out, legal or not. She's a psycho, and she's possibly a danger to that child, people like her should be sent to jail for life. You wanna squat? Ok, here's an 8x10 foot cell, you can do whatever you want in here as long as you're tougher then your cell mate. Good luck.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
So in Detroit if somebody wants to live in YOUR house you cant do anything about it?

Id end up in prison
Unbelievable isn't it? In NY, even with a partial duty to retreat, you don't have to retreat from YOUR OWN HOUSE because where are you to go!? This lady has a home invader in her house and it should be dealt with as such, but that would be too un-PC for the USA :(

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be too man, like I said, I'd just claim she attacked me and brutally murder her, who is gonna be there IN MY OWN HOUSE to take her side? I can also argue that she was mentally unstable to begin with, her actions speak for themselves, place a kitchen knife in her hand and wrap the finger around it and bam, nice lil crime scene. That woman also has a child, she feared for her childs safety, double bam, she'd be dead if she were in my house, haha.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I would be too man, like I said, I'd just claim she attacked me and brutally murder her, who is gonna be there IN MY OWN HOUSE to take her side? I can also argue that she was mentally unstable to begin with, her actions speak for themselves, place a kitchen knife in her hand and wrap the finger around it and bam, nice lil crime scene. That woman also has a child, she feared for her childs safety, double bam, she'd be dead if she were in my house, haha.
I wouldn't claim she tried to murder me, though I suppose that case could be made if you HAD NO HOME! However, if she was burglarizing you in YOUR house...

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't claim she tried to murder me, though I suppose that case could be made if you HAD NO HOME! However, if she was burglarizing you in YOUR house...
Well according to that video shes been living there and re-arranging **** as she pleases with no legal action able to be taken by the homeowner, when they asked her if she felt safe it was pretty obvious that she didn't, shes scared, if I was her, I'd kill that other woman, it seems she really has no choice. She also has a baby, who knows what else that woman might think is hers, she might take it upon herself to snatch the kid one day if the mother ever turned her back. It's a disturbing situation. I have to wonder if they behave towards each other like very tense room mates or if that psycho is oblivious to the fact that there are other people there who actually own that house.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would make sure the insurance was paid up,barricade the doors and burn that mother down!!!
No way! It's a historical house, looks like a freakin' mansion! Besides, you are going to risk insurance fraud and losing everything you own, possibly sentimental items in the fire because some dumb bitch decided to take over your house? Heck no, I already said what I'd do, that's a much smaller mess to clean up.

· Registered
291 Posts
It really is very simple, the city is outsourcing a problem that it created to the public. The woman should be forceably removed by the police and found alternate arrangements. If the government condoned and allowed the squatter habitation, it is their mistake and the solution is not to force the legal property owner to part with their rights to their own property. I hope she has a lawyer fired up big time to sue the city and make them learn what asinine behavior and policies costs.r

BTW-She should be staying in a nice hotel due to fear for her life created by the city, all of which would be added to the lawsuit. I am not a major fan of litigious society, but in this case I hope she sues the city into oblivion.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It really is very simple, the city is outsourcing a problem that it created to the public. The woman should be forceably removed by the police and found alternate arrangements. If the government condoned and allowed the squatter habitation, it is their mistake and the solution is not to force the legal property owner to part with their rights to their own property. I hope she has a lawyer fired up big time to sue the city and make them learn what asinine behavior and policies costs.r

BTW-She should be staying in a nice hotel due to fear for her life created by the city, all of which would be added to the lawsuit. I am not a major fan of litigious society, but in this case I hope she sues the city into oblivion.
I agree, but if the city won't do it and just straight refuses to co-operate in anyway, what can you do really? The way it's going it seems like they city would pay the lawyer more money to drop the case then she could afford to pay him. Not only that, somehow this woman put a lean on the house, how the **** does that even happen? Detroit sounds like the scum of the US at the moment, I'd rather live in Cuba.

· Registered
174 Posts
I second the hand her a knife idea, shoot her once yell there's your warning drop the knife then shoot her a few more times. No one will know the difference.

I think this proves my point that we need to rethink how we deal with the riff raff of this society

· Registered
291 Posts
Guys really, I understand the outrage, but committing a murder and staged crime scene is definitely not the answer and I doubt anyone is really going to really do that.

The legal option is the only relief available. Of course the city cannot bribe her lawyer to drop the case-lawyers cant drop cases, only people can. If her lawyer takes a bribe to drop the case, she just finds a new lawyer and sues the old one plus the city for further damages. I am sure there are already lines down the street of lawyers looking to take the case for 1/3 of a rock solid multi-million $ case.

On the actual legality, the city has no case to stand on. Unlawful seizure of property, false imprisonment, violation of civil rights, infliction of duress, just to name a few. This would be tried in federal court and the city of Detroit will get blown away and would settle just to stay out of the national spotlight. Whatever asinine laws and judges they have are of no consequence in federal court. It is just sad what this woman will have to endure, but there is big payday for her at the end of this road.

· Registered
349 Posts
Everyone is forgeting that the house was surely locked up tight. So it was breaking and entering. The owner seems way too passive in my book. If that were me that squatter would be out the first day, Simply put her crap out on the curb and change the locks. Call cops as soon as shes doing it

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone is forgeting that the house was surely locked up tight. So it was breaking and entering. The owner seems way too passive in my book. If that were me that squatter would be out the first day, Simply put her crap out on the curb and change the locks. Call cops as soon as shes doing it
The very scary thing was the squatter change the HOMEOWNERS locks, this is way more then just B&E this is a hostile take over. This is insane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.