New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with SA customer service and was told they will not ship any magazines over 7 rounds to NYS. :unhappy: I explained to the customer service rep that the 7 rounds limit doesn't go into effect until April 15th 2013. I was then told their legal team has said to not ship anything to NYS over 7 rounds.

I also asked if they had plans on "MAKING" 7 round magazines and was told "as of right, no".

BUMMER,,,,,

·
Registered
528 Posts
I talked to every OEM manufacturer and aftermarket magazine maker that I could find at SHOT 2013 and none of them are planning on make 7 round versions of magazines that are currently 10 or more capacity.

Cuomo-Cap effectively disables most magazine fed-firearms (not limited to semi-auto).

Bad for customers, but think if you are a dealer and you stock Glocks, FNs, SIGs, etc.

The only guns you'd be able to sell after 4/15 would be 1911s and SIG P220s/some P239s.

Even guns like the 10/22 and most .22 caliber pistols are 10 round only mags.

The Supreme Court ruled that the gov't cannot ban ammunition as it effectively bans the right to keep and bear arms. This 7 round magazine limit should be challenged under the same principles.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It's a gun ban. We need to remember that, especially for the courts. We can't say "well you can get the guns legally, but just must block the mags." No, doesn't work that way. Some FFLs will not do that, and more importantly some (most?) manufacturers won't ship guns that come standard with > 7 round mags even to an FFL here for CYA reasons. I said this before and people thought I was mistaken, but I stand by it: when this deadline passes, nearly every semi auto handgun will be made illegal. Every glock except the 36 will be. That is what needs to be taken to court because its outrageous.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Cuomo knew exactly what he was doing with this. The problem is, it's hopefully going to backfire on him because he back doored in a ban.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I for one am happy that companies are refusing to ship. I hope they stop shipping all guns to NY with mags over 7 rounds and DO NOT make any mags for us. That makes it a total gun ban and makes our case that much stronger.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I hope the industry does not give in and make 7 round magazines. Ever.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sringfield's legal team may be Cuomo's cousins!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
lentol said this will be a booming business for gun makers...yeah like any of them bended over for 10 rd mags.... How many guns that we could not obatain before this BS....

FFLs will love the $10 private transfer and gun makers will jump all over the 7 round mag idea. **** YOU!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I don't blame any of the manufacturers. It would cost them way too much to reconfigure their current setups just for one state. Why do you think they came up with 7 rounds as a limit? Because it would essentially ban everything in one fell swoop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bad for customers, but think if you are a dealer and you stock Glocks, FNs, SIGs, etc.
This might actually help get the ban overturned, since this is forcing people to get rid of A LOT of guns they have owned for years.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
if all these AWs kill so many people on there own with "super capacity clips" why are the laws attacking low capacity "clips".. liberals then give deer in headlights look...

·
Registered
581 Posts
if all these AWs kill so many people on there own with "super capacity clips" why are the laws attacking low capacity "clips".. liberals then give deer in headlights look...
Because the plan is to ban all guns.

·
Registered
581 Posts
People who think most companies will "love" this idea are in for one heck of a surprise. Glock has already stated they will not make anything less than 10. The ONLY way they will go to 7 is if more states follow NY and implement the 7 round limit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Screw Springfield Armory. That company pisses me off in so many ways...

I just ordered 10 round magazines from Ruger about 20 minutes ago, no problem.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Screw Springfield Armory. That company pisses me off in so many ways...

I just ordered 10 round magazines from Ruger about 20 minutes ago, no problem.
I ordered 10 rounders for GSG 1911 22lr from ATI out of Rochester with no issues.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This isn't all bad. It will help in court to prove that its a defacto ban.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts