New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase the Springfield XDM in 9mm, but it only comes with 19 round mags. Anyone know of an FFL that will let you permanently modify the mags at their place so you can take the gun home? There are mag blocks out there and I have no problem epoxying or plastic welding the block in, I just don't want to order it and have it be stuck at my local FFL shop.

Thanks!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm looking to purchase the Springfield XDM in 9mm, but it only comes with 19 round mags. Anyone know of an FFL that will let you permanently modify the mags at their place so you can take the gun home? There are mag blocks out there and I have no problem epoxying or plastic welding the block in, I just don't want to order it and have it be stuck at my local FFL shop.

Thanks!
My suggestion:
Don't do it, not worth the headache. Just get the xdm45c
BTW welcome and hell of a first post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that was probably the way to go and why I haven't already purchased it. I'll have to see if I can find a 45 local to handle. Why do they only off that one in a 10 round?

I stumbled on this site a few days ago and figured it was a good place to find info since NY keeps getting more confusing. I didn't know until last week that background checks were now required for FTF transfers... One of those instances that what you don't know definitely will hurt you.

I've got a few rifles I'll post photos of over the next month or so. Would love to show them off now, but sadly I'll be Asia bound in a few hours. Glad to be a member!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts