New York Firearms Forum banner

Springfield Armory M1

For Sale 
1K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Benellinut 
#1 · (Edited)
1953, based on serial #. Pictures should be self explanatory and I do have higher resolution images that I can email (4752x3168).
Prefer FTF sale with Twin Oaks Gun Repair for transfer but could also ship if need be, also through Twin Oaks.
$750

Camera accessory Cylinder Cosmetics Audio equipment Gas

Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Composite material

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Air gun Wood Trigger

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Wood Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Wood Office equipment Office supplies Cylinder Gas

See less See more
#8 ·
I just talked to my friend who has the gun and he said it originally came with a CMP certificate and the card grading the gun but over the years it has all been since lost. He doesn't know for fact what everything said as far as grade or throat specs therefore selling it as a shooter. It hasn't been used because there were like 6 other guns in the collection with one have been completely rebuilt for competition, which was the only one used. I probably shouldn't have listed "CMP" gun to avoid some confusion but it is in good condition.

#10 ·
I have no idea. I have sent them an email asking if they can look up the information. As for now it is being sold as a shooter. We'll see if I get any information from them.

#13 ·
Talk is cheap, somebody just buy it or buy a new crap gun that they make these days and sell later on and lose money, you won't go backwards with one of these. I've sold several of these over the years and you can't go wrong and the CMP certificate is a nice to have but has no monetary value. Stick a bullet in the end of the muzzle, if it doesn't swallow it to the brass, it will shoot well, if the muzzle is good, there is a very high probability that the throat will check out as well or better. Also easier buying here than from CMP and waiting.

#14 ·
Exactly, unless it was a correct grade or had some collector value a certificate won't add any value. The CMP will research if the rifle came from them and give it to you in writing, it takes some time for the research and I'm not sure if there is a fee. Can't go wrong with a Garand or Carbine, the prices have increased over the years, they are a great investment. Not that many years ago I was at the CMP north store, there were racks on M1 Carbines around $460, now that the CMP has sold out of Carbines a low grade will cost you double and the prices go up from there. If I didn't already have two I'd buy this in a heartbeat even if it needed a barrel and the chances are if it came from the CMP this one still has lots of life left in it. The CMP didn't sell rifle with shot out barrels, they may have wear but it would be within military specs or they would replace the barrel. Good luck with the sale, sure you won't regret selling it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.