New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...

Just took my new Springfield TRP Stainless to the Range for the First Time Today... Not too Crowded.

I put 200 rounds of Magtech 230gr FMJ Through her Without a Hitch! No FTF's, Misfires, Stovepipes or jams of anykind!

Locked back Everytime, and this with a Wilson Shock Buffer Installed. This is some Quality firearm, Functioned Flawlessly right out of the box...

I used all 10 olf the Wilson 8 Round Tactical Elite Mags I bought. Every one good.

The only thing I did to the gun besides the mags, and shock buffer was break it down, clean it, and lube it with Weaponshield before firing it the first time.

Had a couple of flyers, but I know the gun has to break in before it settles down... I had one clip with about a Inch and half group at 30ft.

Needless to say I'm thrilled, based on this performance I would trust this gun with my life.

Thanks,

Royd

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Nice report. Glad to hear everything works as it is supposed to. Am curious to why you put a shock buffer in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
what about the wilson?
LOL!

I Just Stare At It!...

I figure I haven't shot for a while... My friend was an arms instructor for the FBI, and when he used to take me to the range I used to beat him... But it was a while ago...

So I figure get my chops, and learn to break down a 1911, and re-asymble, and get used to that to get a baseline.

Then step up to the Big Dawg!

LOVE THAT THING!

Thanks,

Royd

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Pictures or it never happened!
;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Timmyp: Kimber does make some with 9mm options but so far in the two shops I went to close to my house yesterday I didn't have any luck. I do drive past the Kimber factory on my way to work every day and I'm very tempted to try to pay a visit :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts