New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and also to the gun world. My cousin is helping me little by little build an AR. I really like the zombie lower from spikes and love the price. I was wondeing if anyone could give more info on the product or company or why one lower is $89 and another $189. Any info would be fantastic. Thank you for looking!!

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I'm new to AR's myself but I believe that you are maybe seeing some that are "forged" and some that are "billet". Billet ones are usually more expensive and look nicer. Someone with more knowledge than I will have to finish the rest of your question. :)

p.s. I do know Allstar Tactical offers both and are located in Rochester :)

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Most spikes lowers are gtg, but some like one that I have is actually crooked or out of spec. They also seem to have the worst upper to lower fit out of many brands that I have tried, I have found the fit to be very loose and sloppy. Some like this type of fit, I do not.

· Registered
704 Posts
I have a Spikes zombie lower that was gtg. I will say it seems that the specs on spikes is maybe a little on the "loose" or sloppy side. Certainly not the quality of LMT, LWRC, Daniel Defense...etc...however for an inexpensive lower for the most part they work.

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
I'd honestly just buy an All-Star lower and have them laser etch whatever you'd like on it. I think the whole zombie craze has gotten a little out of hand.

If you do get a zombie themed lower, I'd go with Rainier's as I know most of their products I've seen seem to be excellent quality.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Is it possible to order these in NY w/o the Auto/burst selection marking on the receiver? It just kinda bugs me that its there and I cannot use it.

As for other states I thought they had to be registered before 86 to even have that capability?

· Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Is it possible to order these in NY w/o the Auto/burst selection marking on the receiver? It just kinda bugs me that its there and I cannot use it.

As for other states I thought they had to be registered before 86 to even have that capability?
It's just a marking there is no 3rd hole for a sear.

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Not unless they had a batch run without it. They don't have that done very often from what I have seen.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ill have to check out all-star. I know the zombie thing is silly but always been a fan so i figured i tie it into my build while the parts are already out there. Unless they have lacrosse theme parts i prolly do something zombie lol Thanks for the links evileyes

· Registered
1,303 Posts
I have two builds on Spikes lowers and both are well fitted and in spec. They are sequencial serial numbers, so it is possible I just got two from a better than normal batch, but I would not hesitate before buying another one.

· Registered
573 Posts
I built on one. The fit and finish were fine on the one I used. The reason I sold it is that I wasn't real happy with the FA pictograph that was on it. I know there wasn't a happy switch, or a third hole for an auto sear, but I'd rather play it safe with something as simple as the safety markings.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
I love my Spikes, the normal spider one is 90 bucks plus transfer. How much is a zombie marking worth? Be absolutely sure to check out
JoeBobOutfitters.com
for parts. He had the lowest prices 90% of the time, by a good margin. Free shipping on orders over 90 bucks, and a free t shirt with every order (you have to ask for it).

· Registered
298 Posts
I've got a normal Spikes lower bought in 2009, and it fits perfectly with my Bravo Company upper receiver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.