New York Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
We will have to meet up sometime. I was volunteering to help clear land from the previous post by OwnTheRide. I unfortunately don't own enough land to have a 500 yard range, wish I did though. Best I can get right now is 500 feet.
Sorry, I was just responding to the question by saying that in theory I could have a 500 yd range, and that it's possible the logger will open something up. I don't really have any interest in clearing the land, that's just ECU busting my chops because we've discussed shooting together but I've never gotten around to actually inviting him over to do so. And busting his own chops a bit because he's a walking disaster area when equipped with an axe.

:)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
lol man I'm reading everything wrong today, I though you were also lookin for volunteers :D
I should crawl back in my cave now :leave::jester:

·
Registered
891 Posts
lol man I'm reading everything wrong today, I though you were also lookin for volunteers :D
I guess you guys will just need to settle for 300 yards at Greene Rod & Gun Club

If you have never been here, you are welcome to come look around. We will be open to the public for our "first Sunday of the month" breakfast and trap shoot. No shooting before 9 am as a courtesy to the neighbors. Some of the guys will get there around 8 to start cooking breakfast. Most folks are gone before noon, especially if the trap shoot turn out is poor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I guess you guys will just need to settle for 300 yards at Greene Rod & Gun Club

If you have never been here, you are welcome to come look around. We will be open to the public for our "first Sunday of the month" breakfast and trap shoot. No shooting before 9 am as a courtesy to the neighbors. Some of the guys will get there around 8 to start cooking breakfast. Most folks are gone before noon, especially if the trap shoot turn out is poor.
May have to take you up on that offer. Didn't realize there was a range at all in Greene.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry, I was just responding to the question by saying that in theory I could have a 500 yd range, and that it's possible the logger will open something up. I don't really have any interest in clearing the land, that's just ECU busting my chops because we've discussed shooting together but I've never gotten around to actually inviting him over to do so. And busting his own chops a bit because he's a walking disaster area when equipped with an axe.

:)
I kind of figured so, and was only halfheartedly offering as this thread hadn't progressed in that direction since it started, but if you ever change your mind......

·
Registered
165 Posts
No worries, should I ever come into some land (unlikely due to taxes incurred) I'll give you a shout. Serious though if you want to meet up. I've got a fairly decent 100 yard range off my back deck, and can stretch out to 160 yards in my side/back yard. Always welcome another comrade in arms.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Also open to the public on Friday nights, but this time of year there is not much light left after 6pm to have a look around. Trap shooting under the lights, weather permitting. I'm not much of a trap shooter, but I will join in once in a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tucked away in a corner of the county, Steuben. Taxed in the town of Hornby. 10 minutes from Corning. Never heard of the Southern Tier of New York or the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania until we moved here.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts