New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch this show? i find it amuseing and sometime painfull to watch because I would love to own some fo the stuff they build.

Watched on this last week where they made a AK47 sniper rifle, that thing was bad to the bone! I would love to have one of those.​

· Registered
1,384 Posts
I too drooled over the 1000yrd ak. That and pretty much every class III weapon they build/buy. Not like I could afford to shoot them, but they look fun.

· Registered
361 Posts
I happen to like the show, especially considering their aren't any other shows like it on the boob tube...you just have to realize most of the "corny" stuff they do is strictly for TV. Will H. has been a active member of the Saiga 12 forum for years, and the show doesn't do justice to the true character of RJF and what really happens when the cameras aren't rolling.

Jeff (teet)

· Registered
859 Posts
I think this sow is mostly for entertainment, I see a lot of things that make me cringe from a design / engineering point.

Just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.

Case in point, the episode where they took two M16 and mounted them on a boat and used water to cool them:
First they said they were for the brown water Navy, Bull$hit, those guys rock miniguns and 50's on there boat, not some hodge podged M16 that wasnt deisnged for sustained suprissive fire. This means they lie to the viewers.
Second, I have seen the owner point firearms at his employees numerous times, I dont care that its in the shop, "Treat em like there loaded"
Third, some of his work looks questionable at best, the craftsmanship is lacking.
Fourth, why would you make a 1000yd ak? Ballistically that round is so infrior to many others for 1000 yd ranges, your wasting your time and the infantrymens time as well, thats to say if it even was actually going to the sandbox(see first point)

Not a big fan of this show at all.

· Registered
1,841 Posts
I just watched the minute they have available online for when they were testing the 1000-yard AK. Got a quick shot of the magazine, and it's not an AK-47, but a Saiga 308. Still, not the most ideal 1000-yard rifle by any means, especially for $2,800!

· Registered
1,091 Posts
humm I find it disheartening to see a gun enthusiast put down a show that bring to light that guns are not just for John Wayne and terrorists and can be toys and have fun with as well. Especially Class three weapons, and everything that is outlawed in this #@$%hole of a state.
makes me a sad panda.

just for that you will receive the sad panda photo:
Panda Carnivore Terrestrial animal Whiskers Snout

· Registered
859 Posts
Silver,

You would see safety issues and other incorrect information presented to the gerneal public?

If the show preached safety and worked to show that gun owners were responseable and didnt lie to the public then I would support the show, but it doesnt.

· Registered
3,023 Posts
FYI - the 1,000 yard AK was in .308 WIN...

AKs come in more than one flavor, I swear to God :p

And for what it's worth , Red Jacket has a pretty darn good reputation and they are one of the better AK builders out there. People like them fuel my hobby - hats off!

· Registered
2,534 Posts
NFA tax stamp or not, step outside your house or business and loft a 40mm M203 flare into the air and see what happens. (obviously at your vacation home out of state)
Oh, wait, it's OK because you've got the Sheriff's wang in your mouth and a high dollar order from him to wreck a perfectly good Thompson among other stupid toys that either already exist on the open market or don't because it was figured out long ago that they were useless.

Quality of work or stellar reputation in the real world amongst the limited firearms consumer enthusiast set who has enough money to play with full auto, AOW, SBR and other such taxed devices isn't going to get to joe average viewer.
All they are going to absorb from it is what a bunch of unsafe dumbass hicks gun owners and builders are.
Oh, and that every black gun is a machine gun.

They are doing nothing good in regard to legitimizing firearms, the industry or owners in general.

EDIT:
And the back room bozos all have inbreeder haircuts. If the show was on 10 years ago, it would be the captain mullet mod squad instead of the high n tight rat~tail and a wife beater crew.
Also for the money that presumably rolls through the place, plus the fact that they know they are on national TV, you'd think the skank at the front desk would get her frikkin teeth fixed.
No shame I tells ya, no shame at all.

· Registered
1,091 Posts
Silver,

You would see safety issues and other incorrect information presented to the gerneal public?

If the show preached safety and worked to show that gun owners were responseable and didnt lie to the public then I would support the show, but it doesnt.
saftey is in the eye of the beholder, what is presented on the show and to what reality is really are two seperate things. There are the hardcore gun people that make things out worse then they really are, people have fun... would you watch a show if it was not entertaining? ever watch pawn stars? did you know they intentionally portray chumlee as a retard, in actuality he is not? hummmm.... think the guns they play with and joke with are scripted to a point? really? ghost hunters is just as scripted. believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. If you think showing a guy pointing a gun on a tv show is representative of how people will perceive gun owners and how they handle firearms, then never go hunting rabbit... bugs bunny will tear you up and make you look like elmer fudd!

· Registered
2,534 Posts
ever watch pawn stars? did you know they intentionally portray chumlee as a retard
LOL
Yet if you say 'hire the handicapped, they are fun to watch' people will get all pissy, but they'll watch that show just to see the fat slow guy because he's there favoritist character and they'll tell you so. (and it ain't because 'he's overcoming adversity' either)

· Registered
1,091 Posts
its funny, but that is what drives the show. I was watching him on some car show last night and he is 100x more articulate then he is portrayed on that show. the funny thing is they also portray him as poor and a slob, dont know many poor slobs that have a range rover and a Maserati.

· Registered
6,329 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks this show sucks?
I think half teh projects they are do are absolutely stupid. And as with any reality show there is alot of made up drama to make things sound more serious than they are. That said....I will say I do think it's cool there is a gun show on a main stream network.

The daughter is kinda hot too since she got her snaggle tooth fixed in a dirty girl kinda way ;)

· Registered
1,103 Posts
I view the show as entertainment only.

That said, if you ever check out the RJ site, he is mainly in to saigas, and many builds of shotguns, a couple ak's and some ar's, so it would seem to me that the show is blown up to get ratings, all the while Will really knows his **** but uses this venue as an opportunity to do some goofy ****, and have fun doing it.

· Registered
914 Posts
I think half teh projects they are do are absolutely stupid. And as with any reality show there is alot of made up drama to make things sound more serious than they are. That said....I will say I do think it's cool there is a gun show on a main stream network.

The daughter is kinda hot too since she got her snaggle tooth fixed in a dirty girl kinda way ;)
You mean dirty hick kinda way?

· Registered
321 Posts
Whether it's real or scripted, I doubt it's actually doing any harm to the reputation of the gun toting community. People who are afraid of guns, or aren't interested likely just aren't watching it. For my $$ it's entertaining.... It's an hour long window through which we get to see what it's like to have seemingly unlimited funds in a free state! lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.