New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Wow, sometimes my feeling get conflicted. This is one of those times. Was not there but I am sure they asked a very simple question, what is your citizenship?! I feel it should be easy enough to say US. On the other hand, US citizens to have to go through these types of stops, is unexceptable. To have your window smashed out, is so wrong on so many levels. These types of actions are reasons why Americans are so untrusting of our own government.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm not sure how I would react in this situation. As soon as I saw the one guy leaning on his car, I got upset - nobody leans on my car. I think it may go back to watching "American Graffiti" when I was a kid - it isn't yours, you didn't pay for it and you won't be the guy fixing the scratches. Then, add in the window breaking, and my blood would be boiling.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
There's way too much missing information here.

And he was an idiot for digging around through the car like that. That was just asking for trouble. Sit tight, keep your hands in plain sight, and don't do anything stupid.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
There's way too much missing information here.

And he was an idiot for digging around through the car like that. That was just asking for trouble. Sit tight, keep your hands in plain sight, and don't do anything stupid.
i get what your saying but why? if he didnt break any laws, but just didnt feel like answering their questions (why should he have to) then they had no business bothering him in the first place. we are not "supposed" to be living in a police state.

there is a severe lack of information on this video, but if it is what it appears to be, then id say the border agents were way out of line and need to lose their jobs over this.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i get what your saying but why? if he didnt break any laws, but just didnt feel like answering their questions (why should he have to) then they had no business bothering him in the first place. we are not "supposed" to be living in a police state.

there is a severe lack of information on this video, but if it is what it appears to be, then id say the border agents were way out of line and need to lose their jobs over this.
The hard part is that we don't know what lead up to it. Breaking out his window definitely seemed way out of line, especially since you can't tell if they're asking/telling him to open his window to talk.

Looking at the website int he YouTube link, the guy's an attention whore, and is looking for trouble (the multiple cameras tells this as well), just like the gun-rights nuts that open carry while looking to make a scene to make a point. Sure, they're legally able to do it, but there are better ways to handle it.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
im with ya... i think that activism is important to spread the word and let people be aware of the injustices that are going on, because if they dont the sheeple wont wake up until they are in the slaughter house... but, i do also think there are smarter ways to do things than others. as for this incident, i dont have enough information to make an informed decision if this guy was either prepared for this kind of ****, or if he intentionally went looking for trouble.

The hard part is that we don't know what lead up to it. Breaking out his window definitely seemed way out of line, especially since you can't tell if they're asking/telling him to open his window to talk.

Looking at the website int he YouTube link, the guy's an attention whore, and is looking for trouble (the multiple cameras tells this as well), just like the gun-rights nuts that open carry while looking to make a scene to make a point. Sure, they're legally able to do it, but there are better ways to handle it.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I think its safe to assume he did not have a warrant for his arrest or they would not of let him pull up to what I assume is secondary inspection area. I also dont think they would just be standing around like they were for so long.

If you were stopped illegally and assuming you asked to go (or else it would be implied consent) and were illegally denied the right to leave could you also get reimbursed for gas you wasted sitting there especially if it was very hot out?

I do think the guy handled himself very well though when his window got smashed out, I think I would of at least said something at that point.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
so does anyone know the final outcome of this?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
On the other hand, US citizens to have to go through these types of stops, is unexceptable.
...especially when the president is trying to gain more votes for his party by making it illegal for cops to ask citizenship. Either enforce the freaking immigration laws or get them off the books. A policy of selective enforcement leaves far too much room for abuse and corruption.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My guess is the man refused to answer any questions or roll down the window. Not a crime. I dont think that checkpoint is on the border pine valley is 20-30 miles North .Interstate 8 doesn't cross the border, in fact even interstate numbers run East /west. I'm sure I wouldn't like it being harassed everyday on my way to work either. That being said the man was obviously looking for trouble. The bags In the back ,the hat on the seat, all the cameras, acting so calm he was expecting to get stopped. He got footage of what's going on in our country and shared it with us who don't live near the border and have to deal with this bs every day.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.