New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a small section on my Saratoga County permit application that requests the county and county code that issued my drivers license. I've been searching all morning but can't find out if the county of issuance is where I originally got the license, when I was 16 in Albany County, or if they want the county of the address listed on the newest license. I moved to South Glens Falls in March of 2012 and had a new license sent to me within days showing my new address.

A secondary question regarding addresses, the permit paperwork also requests my addresses for the last 5 years. After wracking my brain I realized, somewhat to my surprise, that I've lived in 7 apartments over the last 5 years. The moves were all for legitimate reasons and I've never been evicted. I moved to Staten Island when I was young and stupid and thought that I could totally move to the city without any real plan, that fell apart after 6 months or so and I moved back in with the folks for 2 months to get back on my feet. I then lived with some roommates for a year, at which point they got married and bought their own house. My girlfriend and I then lived in another apartment for two years until she graduated medical school at which point we stayed with our married friends for two months while we looked for apartments upstate. We lived in Port Henry NY for 8 months until the lack of available work on my end combined with a longer than expected commute for my girlfriend convinced us to move to South Glens Falls, at which point I picked up the proper handgun application for this county. Anywhere I've stayed for less than a year had no lease attached, I've never broken a lease or been evicted. We plan on staying here for several years but I'm wondering if the long string of addresses might give them pause to issue my permit in 2013.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in queensbury and wish too obtain my pistol permit where did you pick up your paperwork? As too your question you sound like you have a handle on where you lived over these time required too be accountable for moving should not matter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WeaponsHOT said:
I live in queensbury and wish too obtain my pistol permit where did you pick up your paperwork?
Call (518) 885-2267, they'll mail it to you. If no one picks up just leave a message explaining that you're requesting to have an application for a handgun permit mailed to you. Leave your name, number and address and you should receive the paperwork within three days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts