New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, tonight's episode was about the ultimate zombie gun.

I could care less about the ar15/m16 - nothing new

What I did think was cool was the bullpup frame from a p90 taking a .22 barrel, which leads me to wondering... Can anyone do this? I understand it wouldn't be easy or feesable, bla bla bla... I'm just saying legally, could you convert a 10/22 w/ a completely new outer shell?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
So, tonight's episode was about the ultimate zombie gun.

I could care less about the ar15/m16 - nothing new

What I did think was cool was the bullpup frame from a p90 taking a .22 barrel, which leads me to wondering... Can anyone do this? I understand it wouldn't be easy or feesable, bla bla bla... I'm just saying legally, could you convert a 10/22 w/ a completely new outer shell?
We need to get mike to play with his new 3D printer :D

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't be legal as long as you stayed within the NY AWB rules. A bullpup configuration is not considered an "evil" feature on it's own. There have been various bullpup conversion stocks available for the 10/22 for many years. Red Jacket is also going to soon be selling the exact configuration you're talking about from the show. It's called the ZK-22 conversion stock.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
On reading your post again though, I realize that you probably have it in mind that it's a bigger conversion than it really is since you said "I understand it wouldn't be easy or feesable". It really couldn't be easier. All a bullpup conversion really consists of is a stock that has an internal bar going from its own mounted trigger that connects either to the original trigger still installed or to a mechanism which replaces but acts as the original trigger would have in the action. They can be a pain to mount just right (depending on the type of gun and which mechanism it's using) but it's basically a fairly straightforward and simple mounting of a stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts