New York Firearms Forum banner

" softest target I have ever seen in my life"

603 views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  3324 
#1 ·
#6 ·
It seems like we are constantly being told that things are secure (like the border) when they are in fact not. Our electrical grid has NO protection and could easily be taken down resulting a MAJOR outage taking days or weeks to repair. We get a lot of lip service from politicians who know how to waste money on global warming but can't quite seem to protect our basic infrastructure.

#12 ·
LOL - my view of the Daily Caller just plummeted several notches.

Back in the day I worked on the Ginna security force. And one of the guys that I worked with then (as shift supervisors) went on to become the head of security for the company that owns the power plant in this article. That my old friend and fellow midnight shift war-gammer would have one of his plants in a less than secure state is beyond laughable.

From personal experience, I call BS on this one.

#15 ·
Used to be, too, that you could stop by the guard house and pick up a permit to fish on the property when RG&E owned it. You could fish the warm water off the plant discharge canal from a boat and some nights there would be 15 or 20 bobbing out there in the darkness. But you didn't tie up to shore, much less set foot on the shore outside the perimeter fence, or you would very quickly get a visit and a polite request to not do so. LOL

A lot of things used to be.............. and then everything changed. And another anniversary is coming up.

#14 ·
It's not terribly difficult to drive onto the property of a nuclear plant and park. I'd like to see them try and get inside. My father-in-law has worked at nuclear plants all over the world since the early 70's, including plant manager at Ginna years back. There's no way anyone is doing any damage from the parking lot, or wandering inside the facility without going through intense security. This article is silly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.