New York Firearms Forum banner

Soapbox alert

Tags
alert soapbox
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  nogods 
#1 ·
Why are we the people not indignant that we see our rights and freedoms limited each day?

Why would such issues as gross negligence, graft, and corruption remain hugely under reported, if reported at all? Why do we remain idle as our media becomes state sponsored speech, forced by ‘economic conditions’ to conform or die.

Why would the American people not recognize that our legislators have enacted some of the most sweeping legislation aimed at controlling the people since the emergency war powers act of WWII? Why, in fact, are these same legislators completely immune from the laws that they enact?

How can we stand idle as our financial institutions, insurance companies, and the regulatory agencies engage in heavy petting in the congressional back seat of the government Cadillac? Why do we accept that more crime is committed within the ivory towers of our governmental offices than in the rest of our land!

Are we scared of our own government? Of course!! This is the very same government that tasted absolute freedom during WWII, a time when business leaders that chose not to agree with policy disappeared in the night. When our government interred hundreds of thousands of our own citizens without due process. This same government that continues to punish and reward the people as a parent would a small child.

I’m scared for the very lives of my children. Our government is passing the point of no return, and we the people have very little of the will that would be needed to bring true, positive change to our own lives.

How many of us truly recognize that we the people and our ‘elected’ government are completely, mutually exclusive? Sadly, none of us have the will, the strength, or the support to withstand the repercussions of standing up to the powers that be. At the end of the day, we have families, jobs, homes, and lives that we are unwilling to risk. Perhaps the weight of this will be too great for our children to bear, and the tree of liberty will be refreshed with their blood. We will look upon this in sorrow and shame, as we should, for we allowed this to become their problem.

Perhaps even sadder still, I offer no solution, and am not jumping up to be the first in the crosshairs of our government's police. I cannot offer any advice,nor comfort, except that I know in my heart that I am not alone with such concerns.

See less See more
#4 ·
Welfare is the answer. People want to be "Taken Care Of" rather than work hard for their freedoms! Then there is also the "guilty Liberal" syndrome so many people seem to have.

The Baby Boomers have made life to easy on the younger generations! These younger people have no idea what the greatest generation fought and died for!

Even with this weekends events I think it will be years before people realize what they are losing!

#6 ·
Georgia is putting up a bill that will require drug testing with a 3 strikes policy for any individual receiving ANY form of public assistance. While I don't expect it to pass, it is a sign of things to come. Personal accountability is what is lacking today.

#8 ·
if something breaks open, i'm going to where the fight is. some states are not going to put up with this crap. not our moron-filled state, no, i mean places like texas, utah, idaho, etc. something is going to break open.

all we need is a spark.

#9 ·
Our founders understood democracies in history went through this listed process for the most part. That is why they gave us a republic instead, but sadly we even managed to fuck that one up.

I believe we are between 6 and 7 right now.

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.