New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL...sorry for that topic title, I couldn't help myself.

But now that I've got you all here, just a suggestion to keep cool this Friday. I was with a group of plaintiffs a few years ago seeking an injunction against a law passed by a local municipality. After our day in the State Court of Appeals, it took six months for the judge to rule in our favor and enjoin the law.

Two totally different cases, sure; but I'm just saying don't expect the judge to pound her gavel on Friday and smash the SAFE Act to pieces. She will have to weigh carefully testimony from both sides and write a detailed, bullet-proof decision that will not be shredded on appeal. I can't imagine that being done in less than a few months. Also, it's not like this is the only case on this court's plate right now.

In addition, this is a really BIG case, potentially a landmark case. It could represent a shot heard round the world, and I think those involved know it. I would expect at least as much research and substantiation in the decision rendered as the legal teams put into the preparation.

But what do I know, really? I'm just another idiot on the internet.

:)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

But now that I've got you all here, just a suggestion to keep cool this Friday. I was with a group of plaintiffs a few years ago seeking an injunction against a law passed by a local municipality. After our day in the State Court of Appeals, it took six months for the judge to rule in our favor and enjoin the law.

Two totally different cases, sure; but I'm just saying don't expect the judge to pound her gavel on Friday and smash the SAFE Act to pieces. She will have to weigh carefully testimony from both sides and write a detailed, bullet-proof decision that will not be shredded on appeal. I can't imagine that being done in less than a few months. Also, it's not like this is the only case on this court's plate right now.

In addition, this is a really BIG case, potentially a landmark case. It could represent a shot heard round the world, and I think those involved know it. I would expect at least as much research and substantiation in the decision rendered as the legal teams put into the preparation.

We'll have to wait and see what happens....yes, this is a HUGE case, and we have to trust and follow the people 'on the front lines' of this to restore our rights back in NYS.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yeah I've been saying this for a week or so...the judge can't just enjoin the law the day they get the state's argument. It could take a while.

Any guesses from the legal beagles on this site as to how long the judge will deliberate? I know...hard to tell. But there has to be some time frame.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Yeah I've been saying this for a week or so...the judge can't just enjoin the law the day they get the state's argument. It could take a while.

Any guesses from the legal beagles on this site as to how long the judge will deliberate? I know...hard to tell. But there has to be some time frame.
I would only imagine that it's up to the judge....but I'm not the judge or a lawyer....

Keep in mind folks, there is a lot of stuff that the legal team cannot/will not answer right now. My suggestion is to refrain from asking any specific questions, and don't make anymore negative comments....

Patience my friends, patience......

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Everybody should just let the Lawyers be Lawyers and wait for them to provide us with details when they think it is appropriate.

Want to make a difference? Get active, write letters, hit polls, recruit new voters and attend the rallys! Join the NRA, NYSRPA etc...
We need to put a stop to these evil Progressives, make them pay a heavy price at the polls on election day! That is how you can all join in this fight instead of flooding the attorneys with questions which invite trolls on here causing us to bicker back and forth attempting to divide us!

God speed Tresmond firm!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just literally laughed out loud in the county clerks office line when I saw the title. Nice work boomer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Everybody should just let the Lawyers be Lawyers and wait for them to provide us with details when they think it is appropriate.

Want to make a difference? Get active, write letters, hit polls, recruit new voters and attend the rallys! Join the NRA, NYSRPA etc...
We need to put a stop to these evil Progressives, make them pay a heavy price at the polls on election day! That is how you can all join in this fight instead of flooding the attorneys with questions which invite trolls on here causing us to bicker back and forth attempting to divide us!

God speed Tresmond firm!
letters and calls.........those worked so good the first time.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
We used to have a member who would post he liked turtles in threads that were going to get heated, he left, I picked up where he left off..only, I like foxes, not turtles..:leave:
I'm going to start deleting those posts BTW. They're OT and don't further the conversation.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts

God speed Tresmond firm!
As others have said we need to have patience. This is a big case and will take time. In the meantime keep the heat on the politicos and get as many like-minded people out to the polls on election day.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts

Alright now that was funny. The title I mean Rotflmao.

What else do I have to say? - no comment :)

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
All I want is a damn injunction then they can take their time deciding. I want to use the prebans I shipped out of state and I want to purchase an AK.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My hope is that the judge will grant the injunction sooner rather than later (I firmly believe one will be granted). I'm sure the state will beg for more time, however, the judge shouldn't give them any. Let's face it, as we all know (and the judge must know too) the law is so poorly written and blatantly unconstitutional no amount of time is going to save this turd.

Aside from seeming to be "fair" to the state, what possible benefit is there to giving them additional time?

Looking forward to a positive result tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts