New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our turn for Xmas Day this year, but I don't mind...

Just ordered a 5-rib Black Angus Standing Rib Roast (for 8 adults and several rug rats). Haven't had that in a long while. Wife is trying to figure out sides. As long as there's mashed potatoes in there, I'm good, lol... And I have been given permission to make the anti-pasta! I almost love making that more than eating it, ha, ha...

Regardless of what you're doing (or if you celebrate it), wish you all a Merry Christmas and good health and times with your friends and families.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
We are. It's our second year doing so. It's just the two of us so it's pretty easy. Last year turned out quite well. I cooked the turkey in a brown paper bag. Came out quite awesome.

I have to look up how to do it all again though as I don't remember exactly how we did everything.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I be helping where having Prime Rib for 6 adults and 1 5 year old,nice creamy mashed potatoes,asparagus grilled,dinner rolls,assortment of pickles,shrimp,bacon wrap around water chestnuts and pineapple with sweet and sour sauce over them and of course one of my favorite is a assortment of mushrooms saute in a creamy wine sauce.I think there is a few more things but can not think of them,we usually have more then enough to feed 10 people,lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
I will be cooking this year for my wife, mother and I. Making Lasagna and my homemade sauce which I cook for atleast 8-10 hours. Not sure what else we are having with it yet but that will be the main thing. My wife and I just decided we wanted to stay home this year to watch movies all day and night.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
We just decided on our Christmas dinner this past weekend. Going with corned beef and sauerbraten. Key lime pie for desert. Mmmm, can hardly wait.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Merry Christmas to you all. I don't cook. Too impatient. I either turn the heat up too much and burn what I'm cooking or take it off before it's done. :)

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I am not physically ready for cooking yet, but I can't ignore a food thread. The desire to cook has started to come back...so it's a good sign. I celebrate every single holiday that involves food, I feel ripped off that Hanukkah and Thanksgiving fell on the same day this year. I am owed 1 day of food, albeit one of those should technically be bacon free.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I am not physically ready for cooking yet, but I can't ignore a food thread. The desire to cook has started to come back...so it's a good sign. I celebrate every single holiday that involves food, I feel ripped off that Hanukkah and Thanksgiving fell on the same day this year. I am owed 1 day of food, albeit one of those should technically be bacon free.
Hello Smurfette,
Have not seen you around for quiet sometime I hope everything has been ok with you and your family,glad to see you bacK and have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family..

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Prime rib it is - we usually do a crown roast one year (it looks so cool!) and alternate with a prime rib. But being an Eye-talian, we do the big Christmas Eve fish dinner. They call it the Feast of Seven Fishes, but it winds up being more like 15 or 16.....! YUM

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
We're doing some Roast Beast with sweet potatoes+various cooked veggies, I'd rather be having ravioli or some other pasta with sausage and meatballs, but dietary conditions for some guests preclude that.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Hello everyone if you want to try another simple recipe to add to your Christmas dinner you will love these for a snack,very simple to make and very cheap to make and we make these for a Christmas snack before the big meal or you can just have them later there also great at New Years for a snack..

Here is what you need.

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. onion, grated
1 tsp. horseradish
Dash of Worcestershire sauce1 (4 oz.) or 2 (1/2 oz.) Budding smoked, sliced beef or ham or turkey (myself I prefer to use Ham to make the Budding Pin Wheels)

Blend cream cheese, onion, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce until spreading consistency. Separate meat slices. Lay out 5 slices, slightly overlapping, on an 18 inch foil. Lay out 2 more rows to form a rectangle of meat. Spread with cheese mixture. Roll up as jelly roll using foil to bring up meat at beginning of roll. Use fingers to roll until complete. Chill. Best if made day before. Just before serving, slice into 1 inch slices.

Budding Pin Wheels

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Hello everyone if you want to try another simple recipe to add to your Christmas dinner you will love these for a snack,very simple to make and very cheap to make and we make these for a Christmas snack before the big meal or you can just have them later there also great at New Years for a snack..

Here is what you need.

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. onion, grated
1 tsp. horseradish
Dash of Worcestershire sauce1 (4 oz.) or 2 (1/2 oz.) Budding smoked, sliced beef or ham or turkey (myself I prefer to use Ham to make the Budding Pin Wheels)

Blend cream cheese, onion, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce until spreading consistency. Separate meat slices. Lay out 5 slices, slightly overlapping, on an 18 inch foil. Lay out 2 more rows to form a rectangle of meat. Spread with cheese mixture. Roll up as jelly roll using foil to bring up meat at beginning of roll. Use fingers to roll until complete. Chill. Best if made day before. Just before serving, slice into 1 inch slices.

Budding Pin Wheels
That sounds awful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.