New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has gotten any different answers thanyesterday...going to my local wally to look for .243. been missing it lately but plenty of 40 and 45....38 special is always needed too...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
more so pistol calibers...going to Gander today to look for 243 but any pistl cal I have I will try to buy.Heard a rumor around here that Wally was just going to stop selling it totally...I don't think true as post above proves> that poster got 30-06 ok Im just wondering ifthey really know this safe thing or just going by dates and saying it says we can do this without a check and we have not heard anything about checks os we cant sell it...who knows...its all messed up I feel. NEVER 22lr in this area at stores...but I don't wait for trucks to come in and out either.....I just don't practice as much with 22 anymore. I can shoot 9 without a huge issues vs 22 so that's what I do.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I was At Wal-Mart yesterday I asked both store I went to what's the deal with ammo tomorrow(15th) they both said the same thing Well keep selling until someone tell use other wise. Again today they said the same. They really have no clue what's going.

·
Registered
877 Posts
My buddy is one of the heads over at Dick's in Horseheads and i'm heading over there to pick up a Marlin 336 and a few boxes of ammo before work. they had a sign saying they had no .22lr but they had a few packs, they just put that up when they get low. Usually means they have like four left. I was told by my friend that they will continue business as usual even if they have to do BGC. I hunt with this guy and go to church with him, so i believe him.

PS- please refrain from Head of Dick's jokes.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Same here.
Was at Cicero WalMart at noon.
Theu had 14 boxes of 22LR. 5 guys in line.
All gone now.

No questions other than "Is it for a pistol?"

The clerk would have sold more than 3 boxes I think had there not been 3 guys waiting for it.

One guy bought 30-06 as well with no extra questions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Same here.
Was at Cicero WalMart at noon.
Theu had 14 boxes of 22LR. 5 guys in line.
All gone now.

No questions other than "Is it for a pistol?"

The clerk would have sold more than 3 boxes I think had there not been 3 guys waiting for it.

One guy bought 30-06 as well with no extra questions.
Awsome! I feel soooo much safer today! Lol! FUAC!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just got back from Walmart in Henrietta. They had zero 22lr but LOTS of 9mm, 40,45, and 223.

Picked up some shotgun shells, 3 box limit. All they asked me for was a drivers license and/or a pistol permit as forms of a photo ID.

No personal info recorded.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was there last night. No .22 what the hell.
They were unloading the truck when I stopped by at 5:30 and they said they were expecting some.
By the time they unload, receive, disperse to the various depts....

Clay WalMart currently has some.
They had a truck last night as well.
Since they don't stay open 24hrs, I was told it would be on the shelf at 7:00 AM...LIE! :)

Also, Walmart employees are limited to 3 boxes as well...just a FYI

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.