New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

And then he throws his wife under the bus!

But hey, at least they keep us safe right?

j/k

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Y'know...with so many un-employed throughout the U.S., it blows my mind that someone would risk a well-paying job for a damn iPad.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Now c'mon, you know all they give out on welfare is free phones.
Dude actually had to work for the free pod.

Nice looking house from what you can see of it.
I wonder if they'll have pictures of it in the new mobile home trailer...

· Registered
3,216 Posts
That guy makes me sick, stealing. I hope the $600 electronic is worth a life times amount of pay. Took his TSA uniform off but left the U.S. Army shirt on. Garbage.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That guy makes me sick. Took his TSA uniform off but left the U.S. Army shirt on. Garbage.
What's the difference? Oh yeah:

One defends our county, and one destroys it.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
^ sorry needed an update, thinking faster than typing and not proof reading.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
What's the difference? Oh yeah:

One defends our county, and one destroys it.
cant agree with you at all there Darth. Normally I do.

The US military has PLENTY of scum bags that make stuff "disappear" or have it fall off the truck.
Whats the difference if its Govt property that is stolen or a persons personal items? Either way its not their property, and its the taxpayer either directly or directly being affected.
Body armor, gun parts, optics, and much much more goes "missing" magically. Likely far more than the stuff the smaller number of TSA agents steal.

TSA officers are recorded and actively watched on literally dozens and dozens of cameras in small airports, and hundreds at larger airports. Records are kept for MONTHS. If there is an incident, they can and will pull the tapes. Sure there is deviation on how things are run but, if an officer is accused of lieing, that officer is singled out, searched in private, questioned, has to make a statement, and Washington is notified of the incident. Its not a trivial thing. Again, this is how the system is supposed to work.
If someone is dumb enough to steal in front of the general public, fellow officers, AND the eyes in the skys either in bag rooms or at checkpoints, they deserve to get caught when they are (because its incredibly hard to under such circumstances). Regular TSA officers do NOT know where all security cameras are, much less what they can and cannot see. Nor do they have access to the recordings.

TSA, I dont agree with many of the policies, and many other policies are far too generous to certain people and groups of people...however, by in large, they are not a massive criminal organization as you may think. Additionally the pay isnt "great". Starting salary here in at Albany is ~$28,500 for a fulltime, 40hr a week job. Wont be getting rich off that kinda cash....

Again, if you think TSA is "destroying" our country...dont forget who implemented the organization, their policies, etc...far too much was done in the guise of "national security" as a blanket term and reason.
If its theft and govt waste that you think that is bad in the TSA...I think you would be floored by seeing the level of waste on even the STATE level if you have been through or seen state offices....much less their pay scales and benefits.

ETA: i remember going to work with my aunt when I was young years ago, probably around 1990 or so... she worked at a state office in Albany. I met one guy who came in , in the morning...his ENTIRE JOB was to turn on the computers on his floor. Then at days end...to power them off. No building computers, or fixing them..only turning the switch to "on". That same day there was a Frogger tournament in the office on the floor my aunt worked....probably 20-30 employees during their "work" hours played video games on the old desktops that were networked together. I cant forget another lady whose entire job was to stamp "in" and "out" on mail coming in or out across her small desk. It was pretty amazing to see the amount of waste and retardation. Even at the young age that I was, I knew it was all crap.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cant agree with you at all there Darth. Normally I do.

The US military has PLENTY of scum bags that make stuff "disappear" or have it fall off the truck.
Whats the difference if its Govt property that is stolen or a persons personal items? Either way its not their property, and its the taxpayer either directly or directly being affected.
Body armor, gun parts, optics, and much much more goes "missing" magically. Likely far more than the stuff the smaller number of TSA agents steal.

TSA officers are recorded and actively watched on literally dozens and dozens of cameras in small airports, and hundreds at larger airports. Records are kept for MONTHS. If there is an incident, they can and will pull the tapes. Sure there is deviation on how things are run but, if an officer is accused of lieing, that officer is singled out, searched in private, questioned, has to make a statement, and Washington is notified of the incident. Its not a trivial thing. Again, this is how the system is supposed to work.
If someone is dumb enough to steal in front of the general public, fellow officers, AND the eyes in the skys either in bag rooms or at checkpoints, they deserve to get caught when they are (because its incredibly hard to under such circumstances). Regular TSA officers do NOT know where all security cameras are, much less what they can and cannot see. Nor do they have access to the recordings.

TSA, I dont agree with many of the policies, and many other policies are far too generous to certain people and groups of people...however, by in large, they are not a massive criminal organization as you may think. Additionally the pay isnt "great". Starting salary here in at Albany is ~$28,500 for a fulltime, 40hr a week job. Wont be getting rich off that kinda cash....

Again, if you think TSA is "destroying" our country...dont forget who implemented the organization, their policies, etc...far too much was done in the guise of "national security" as a blanket term and reason.
If its theft and govt waste that you think that is bad in the TSA...I think you would be floored by seeing the level of waste on even the STATE level if you have been through or seen state offices....much less their pay scales and benefits.

ETA: i remember going to work with my aunt when I was young years ago, probably around 1990 or so... she worked at a state office in Albany. I met one guy who came in , in the morning...his ENTIRE JOB was to turn on the computers on his floor. Then at days end...to power them off. No building computers, or fixing them..only turning the switch to "on". That same day there was a Frogger tournament in the office on the floor my aunt worked....probably 20-30 employees during their "work" hours played video games on the old desktops that were networked together. I cant forget another lady whose entire job was to stamp "in" and "out" on mail coming in or out across her small desk. It was pretty amazing to see the amount of waste and retardation. Even at the young age that I was, I knew it was all crap.
The TSA is destroying our country. Not it personally, but it is. It is the start of "giving up liberty for perceived safety." We don't need them at all, they are extraordinary unprofessional, and people are just going with it. I don't care about their pay, I care about the treatment of the citizens of the US "because they can". That's the difference between the Armed Forces and the TSA. One provides a valuable service, and the other is destroying freedom.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Darth,

I dont agree with how invasive some of the things are that are permitted by them...no doubt about it.

TSA needs to have parameters of power... right now they are able to regulate/cover ALL forms of transportation. Trains, airplanes, buses, cars, boats/ships, etc...

TSA first started in airports...then expanded to docks and boats coming into port....then to trains and train stations....then to bus terminals....
What next? Checkpoints btwn towns? There was even some chatter about TSA coming to shopping malls, churches, and other "potential targets"...though OUTSIDE their jurisdiction and purpose.... Scary possibilities. Where is the line drawn? Bicycles? Skateboards? Jetskis?

We still need security. Unsure if govt can do better or the private sector...as it SHOULD be standardized and the same across the country.

There is no easy solution unfortunately.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We still need security. Unsure if govt can do better or the private sector...as it SHOULD be standardized and the same across the country.

There is no easy solution unfortunately.
Let me answer that for you.

It IS an easy solution. Cramming "WE NEED GOVERNMENT HELP" down everyone's throat is what they want. In reality, whatever .gov touches turns to crap.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Let me answer that for you.

It IS an easy solution. Cramming "WE NEED GOVERNMENT HELP" down everyone's throat is what they want. In reality, whatever .gov touches turns to crap.
eh...Stossel reports are great...yes. However, there is plenty that is factually incorrect in the video.

Also I dont know what airport they filmed that "training" but that isnt something thats a standard thing. No dramatic music, no over the top "pipe bombs" in the tests that are run. They make it incredibly more difficult than how its depicted, ill leave it at that...

TSA has indeed thwarted attacks and attempted sneaking through of guns, bomb making materials, and plenty other "stuff"

TSA does not release publically things that they find. Reason being, if it was indeed released an attempt was prevented, or bomb making stuff found on a plane, then people would be afraid to fly. Its an issue of national security to keep people flying and feeling a sense of security. Much of what they provide is exactly that...a "sense" of security. But again, there have been things prevented and found.

The biggest issues at TSA, is..well...govt bureaucracy (SHOCKER!!!!)...the "govt knows best" beliefs and mindset (which they are blinded by their own ignorance)...officer retention as many dont stick around long because of the crappy hours and poor pay. Working from 4am-noon isnt exactly a cake walk for $28k a year. Albany Int'l , on average the officers only last 9 months at the job...after which they either quit, or are fired. Usually fired due to bogus reasons as the govt doesnt like to have to hand out bonus', pay increases, etc...its cheaper to fire and rehire and retrain.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eh...Stossel reports are great...yes. However, there is plenty that is factually incorrect in the video.

Also I dont know what airport they filmed that "training" but that isnt something thats a standard thing. No dramatic music, no over the top "pipe bombs" in the tests that are run. They make it incredibly more difficult than how its depicted, ill leave it at that...

TSA has indeed thwarted attacks and attempted sneaking through of guns, bomb making materials, and plenty other "stuff"

TSA does not release publically things that they find. Reason being, if it was indeed released an attempt was prevented, or bomb making stuff found on a plane, then people would be afraid to fly. Its an issue of national security to keep people flying and feeling a sense of security. Much of what they provide is exactly that...a "sense" of security. But again, there have been things prevented and found.

The biggest issues at TSA, is..well...govt bureaucracy (SHOCKER!!!!)...the "govt knows best" beliefs and mindset (which they are blinded by their own ignorance)...officer retention as many dont stick around long because of the crappy hours and poor pay. Working from 4am-noon isnt exactly a cake walk for $28k a year. Albany Int'l , on average the officers only last 9 months at the job...after which they either quit, or are fired. Usually fired due to bogus reasons as the govt doesnt like to have to hand out bonus', pay increases, etc...its cheaper to fire and rehire and retrain.
Did you see the woman that brought her gun through the whole flight thread?

Also, I would like to know what is factually incorrect. Stossel hasn't made stuff up that I have ever seen.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Darth. It takes one guy to look away from the X-ray for a gun to pass through. It happens.

Factually incorrect is what I pointed out. The TSA not preventing , discovering or stopping any attacks ... Is false, as they have. More than 1. More than 5. More than 50 I'd say easily. Terrorists test security constantly. It's just not information that's made or available for public consumption

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SRV they can't fully. It's not PC and they would get sued into next Thursday.

BDOs and a few other elements are the same as the Israeli system

We need to get over being so darn PC. It is killing us... Literally
Ehh..not wanting the government fondling you != being PC.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
I'm talking about focusing on ppl from certain nations. We can't put them through more screening as TSA was once permitted to do.
I alrdy said I agree with you on the invasive things they are permitted to do... I don't agree with those policies entirely as they are currently in place

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why would you support the TSA and not private security? TSA= Private security + government. The addition of government makes everything worse.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Why would you support the TSA and not private security? TSA= Private security + government. The addition of government makes everything worse.
things went the opposite direction post 9/11....but then when they realized they didnt have all the man power needed for the organizations, and military actions, they went back towards the private security idea. Private security costs like 1/4 or 1/5th the cost of the TSA running things...even if we had the same amount of coverage. Reason being? Savings plans, health care plans, now Union crap and of course RETIREMENT benefits rack up the expenses of TSA org.

The US post 9/11 went from private to federal workers for airport security

Europe went from federal workers to private security at airport checkpoints....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.