New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
IMHO, the best damn gun in the land.

I bought mine back in February and I can't imagine NOT owning one now. Love it, love it, love it.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I saw a M1A Socom II on the wall at Gander Mountian (Henretta) this week.... Just a mere 2,200!

G

·
If you are in the market for a M14 pattern rifle give LRB arms your serious consideration. Their receivers are forged where Springfield Armory receivers are cast. Additionally I believe the LRB rifles have a higher USGI parts count than the Springfield Armory rifles.
LRB OF LONG ISLAND, INC

I own three M14 pattern rifles, one is a Springfield Armory receiver and the other two are built on LRB receivers. They all shoot very well and I am convinced this pattern represents the apex of battle rifle design.

I'd strongly suggest you to avoid the 16-inch versions (SOCOM). What you lose in sight radius and velocity for the sporty looks just isn't worth it. The 18-inch rifle pictured delivers similar velocities to the longer barrel due to its tight bore but there is still a substantial reduction in sight radius.

·
Registered
210 Posts
After watching the 10th annual sniper competition, I'm torn between this and a 7.62 OBR. The accuracy on those things was just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My m14 didnt come with a detachable mag and had a manly 3006 chambering. M14 sucks! My rifle is so awesome that it lets me know when it is empty! You kids and your silly new tech stuff.

·
Registered
43 Posts
kmussak-
The M14 pattern rifle makes a poor sniper rifle.
R U sure bout that?

Even standard m1a's can get 1 MOA at 600+ yrs if built properly using the right kind of ammo and thats a conservative estimate.

Miltary snipers can drop men at 1000+ yrds with the mk14 ebr's all day. I believe the correct platfrom is the MK14 mod 0.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I must first I do not have a M14 or M1a but last week I transferred two both Springfield for a customer who belongs to a local club that shoots 500 and 1,000 yrd matches and he said the one M1a was going to be used for his competitions using iron sites. So I am assuming the M1a is adequate to spend the cash he did on them. I would love to have one in my collection.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
kmussak-

R U sure bout that?

Even standard m1a's can get 1 MOA at 600+ yrs if built properly using the right kind of ammo and thats a conservative estimate.

Miltary snipers can drop men at 1000+ yrds with the mk14 ebr's all day. I believe the correct platfrom is the MK14 mod 0.
If you show me a "standard M1a" that can do 1 MOA at 600 yards I will have your baby, crap out a purple billy goat sell all of my guns and move to a hippy commune and take up communism.

·
Registered
986 Posts
If you show me a "standard M1a" that can do 1 MOA at 600 yards I will have your baby, crap out a purple billy goat sell all of my guns and move to a hippy commune and take up communism.
1 MOA at 600 yards is a circle about 6.5 inches across. that doesn't seem impossible. if somebody does do it what guns will you be selling?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
All of em.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts