New York Firearms Forum banner

So is Cuomo going to turn in his shotgun?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  thecelt 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well see, that's currently up for debate. If your gun with a tube magizine can hold more than 7 rounds, it's illegal, and has to be turned in, or sold out of state. And with those mini rounds, every pump shotgun made, can hold more than 7 rounds. Can we say stupid moron law? I am not sure how unintentional this was when they wrote the bill, they might have done it on purpose just to f*ck us in another unusual way..

I should add here that the only gun with a tube mag that has an exemption is a 22..

#7 ·
Quote Originally Posted by dirty dan View Post

correct me if i am wrong but dont the shotguns not have to follow the 7 round magazine rule?? i thought tube fed was excused?
Maxb49 03-03-2013, 11:10 AM #289
Shotguns must follow the 7 round magazine limit. Only .22 caliber tubular magazines are exempted. This is a central issue in Dywinski, where Mr. Leftkowitz and Mr. Dywinski assert that shotguns, and their ability to purchase shotguns, are prohibited by the NY SAFE Act, as all pump action shotguns can hold, or can readily be converted to hold, more than 10 rounds, qualifying the entire gun as a LCAFD.
negative, ghost rider. the ability to hold 7-10 rounds in any magazine is legal...as my sign at the rally said: "10 for the range, 7 for danger?" those mini rounds are for mall ninjas who've recently upgraded from blowing spitballs through a straw. please don't encourage anyone, especially politicians, to qualify them as legitimate ammunition

Well I guess Max didn't get your memo, as this is one of the center themes of their case against NYS. In case you don't know what LCAFD is, it means large capicty ammunition feeding device, which makes them the same as a 30 round mag, and you know how many of those we get to keep now, right.

#9 ·
Yes, the shotgun problem is part of the basis for one of the Tresmond lawsuits. Since you can readily attach an extended tube magazine your weapon has the capacity to violate the new magazine restrictions. ChrisWNY started a thread on the amendments to the law that are being developed, one of which will exempt shotguns (reportedly). And,unfortunately, the law also doesn't exempt mall ninjas. If it goes bang when the hammer hits, its a round.

Hey, what did you guys expect from a law they passed (and apparently wrote) without even reading it?

#10 · (Edited)
meh, i'm not gonna lose sleep over this one when there are far more prominent issues to make me sweat. confiscation (or turning in) and out of state sale aren't the only options, by the way. one can permanently modify to not accept more rounds than "legal". i just put a few drops of red loctite on the threads of my mossberg 590A1. BAM!

(and by that i mean a spot weld.)

#11 ·
meh, i'm not gonna lose sleep over this one when there are far more prominent issues to make me sweat. confiscation (or turning in) and out of state sale aren't the only options, by the way. one can permanently modify to not accept more rounds than "legal". i just put a few drops of red loctite on the threads of my mossberg 590A1. BAM!
You can do that, but these sp are going to push the law to the extreme, so don't be surprised if they come out and say you need to weld the end cap on the mag in order for it to pass muster. Remember, it can't be easily convertible. Locktite proably won't pass muster. Hopefully they just overturn the dam law and get done with it..

#13 ·
I'd Like to ask them in person, If they did not have arm details to protect them would they even have a debate, to take our guns. they would either lie, or would want guns or hire armed guards, like Bloomberg. Fienstein had hand gun carried it around and in video said that she would take out as many as she could before they got her. Well she has people that do that dirty job for her, so she has no need "personally for a firearm" it don't get worse than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.