New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold a home security system on Ebay for $515. Ebay charged me a $51.50 final value fee, and a $15.00 Paypal fee. Where the hell to they get off charging that much? I thought it would be like $25 max then much to my surprise... Never again I am furious. How do Ebay sellers make any money?

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
wow, the fees have gone way up since I sold last. I have a pile of stuff to sell too. I'll have to look up their fee scale now.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I sell on Ebay all the time, I have made over $1000 in a month on stuff laying around my house. Been selling on Ebay for about 7 years now and I don't have any complaints really.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I hate selling on ebay, more hassle than its worth imo

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I hate their high fees sometimes, but they "get off" by providing the fee chart beforehand and you clicking "I agree." :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Have you checked on advertising something in the different newspapers lately? Selling something isn't cheap.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Alternative is selling on Craigslist which sucks because of scammers and dreamers (but it is free). EBay used to be a cheap way to sell stuff now it's just expensive.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
When I first started selling on ebay fees were 3-3 1/2 % now they are over 10% between ebay and their sister co. paypal. It is way too high but you can usually get way more for your item if it is something desirable. It is a push as far as I am concerned but I chose to try every other avenue than ebay because of their business policies of treating people like ****. They are anti-gun and I am positive they care nothing about their customers (buyers or sellers) as I have heard of people complaining on their forums getting banned so they don't like the 1st amendment either.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I only resort to ebay if I absolutely have to (odd stuff etc...).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts