New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm finally gona for a few years for the Army again. Moved to Ohio and I must say, I'm like a little kid in a candy store at the gun stores around here. My AR is already unpinned on the stock, my former 10 round magpul mags are back to 20, I bought 7 30 rounders today, applied for my concealed permit yesterday and it will be here in 2-3 weeks, most likely sooner from what she said based on current turn arounds, and I bought a new Glock 26, a Ruger LCP for the wife, and another AR with flash suppressor, collapsible stock, bayo lug, and a lot of other goodies! Overboard, eh maybe, but I'm so friggin happy right now!!!

So anyways, here is some good news! Since I'm originally from here, I still know quite a few people who are also into guns and such. This being said, a conversation was brought up about NY and the stupidity of its laws. Anyways, pre-ban mags were brought up and so were the local gun shows that start back up around October. Well, as luck would have it, there are apparently several guys who bring stockpiles of older mags and sell them for like $5 each. My buddy then shows me a few he bought, with a few being around 20 and after a little research, 14 of them were confirmed to be made prior to the NY ban!

Long story short, I plan to continue to post here and I will be back in Tonawanda from time to time. Once the gun shows start back up, I will post up that I am going and will try to find and buy pre ban mags for those who want them. All I ask in return is payment for the cost of the mag and shipping to you. I will not raise the prices over what I paid either. I make enough as it is and it would only make me feel like I'm taking advantage of you guys.

One thing I do need is a little consolidated info on how to confirm whether a mag is pre ban or not so I can look it up on the spot on my phone or iPad. I don't feel like breaking laws and getting myself or any of you in trouble so any hel is appreciated to make this easier!

On a last note, NY reaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy sucks, no joke. Not its residents, or at least not the ones I know, but the persons who run it and make its laws. I forgot what this kinda freedom feels like! I've been open carrying for the last 3 days and its amazing how many people don't even care!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update already, gun shows start the first weekend of October and will be on the first weekend of every month until January. For some reason I think they go longer that January, but the dates might not be published yet... I'll get back to you on that when I know.

The shows I'm referring to are in Lima Ohio and will be the only ones I attend for now.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
On a last note, NY reaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy sucks, no joke. Not its residents, or at least not the ones I know, but the persons who run it and make its laws. I forgot what this kinda freedom feels like! I've been open carrying for the last 3 days and its amazing how many people don't even care!
tumblr_m81555zpYM1r4y150o2_500.jpg

Also, I'd be interested in some Pre-Bans as well can never have too many. Perhaps 20 rounders. Not because 20>30, but because I have 30s already and I've always liked the look of 20s.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will look for 20 rounders as well.

As for other mags for weapons other than AR's, you'll have to post up any info I'm gonna need pertaining to type of weapon mags for, how do I confirm it's preban, and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm looking for pre ban Beretta 92 mags.

Pre bans are marked with PB and the indent is sharp not rounded off. The V of the indent comes to a sharp point, post ban have more of a \_/ shape, though the _ portion of it is maybe just a millimeter across. Beretta later flattened out the point of the V channel to stop denting cartridges, and they did that during the ban. Chances are that if you find some old military contract mags, they are pre ban. These will not have the cutout at the bottom, they will have dark metal followers(some are white), and a thick aluminum base plate.

PREBAN ON THE LEFT, POST BAN ON THE RIGHT. The picture clearly shows the difference in the V channel and the change in baseplates--aluminum to plastic.

If you need any more info just let me know. Thanks in advance, hope you find some.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
That's awesome of you to do. Good luck with the move and everything else. Oh, and be sure to vote for us, too. US NYers need OH this Nov :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
im game for some 20's

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
In

:)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Hope you don't ever plan on coming back......you'll have to sell all your stuff

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hope you don't ever plan on coming back......you'll have to sell all your stuff
Id never sell any of it, just transfer the pistols to my NY permit and give my brother or father what's not legal lol. Plan to retire in PA anyways so it should all work out for me!

BTW, got some more intel and apparently pre-ban AR's are pretty cheap too since no one wants old stuff, so I will post up finds of those as well and get contact info from whatever vendor has them. Most likely though I will have to do FTF transactions on those with any of you who want one so you'll have to pay for my gas round trip too, and I drive a Silverado hahaha. Don't worry though, it gets like 19 to the gallon on interstate lol.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Doesn't the state ban include importing into NY after the ban date?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts