New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started it out looking like rain so we packed camping in and headed over to my buddy's place. Picked up 24 lobsters, a whole bunch of corn and some baked ziti made with left over taco meat, lol. Spicey but good! First time in a long time that I'm not spending Labor Day on an island in Lake George. Got to admit the lobster thing was much better at "home", lol...

Anyway, hope you all have/had a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. Peace.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Mine weekend is boring. Somehow the wife got the flu and we didn't end up at the new place. I did get to the range today though. Had the place to myself. Must be alot of wimps scared to get wet

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
well we have not been rocketed yet but there is still time......

·
Banned
353 Posts
I had a good weekend. Did some errands and hung with mom on Saturday. Slept in a little Sunday, meet up with chicken and fished Saratoga on the boat in the pouring rain. He tried to touch me under the bridge in my special spot. Then went to dinner with the girlfriend, got caught up on our shows and had a few beers. Oh yea I almost forgot I sold a few things so now I can get my boat picked up and see where we are at to start the structural restoration. Hope to have that done for the spring and come April making 70mph runs :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Great, woke up on this side of the dirt all three days... Clays out in back with the wife on Sat. Found needed parts for my old oil burning riding mower/brush mower Sunday. Grandchildren coming over today so what more could you ask for? Maybe win the Lotto?? You have to play to win and I don't...

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Hung out with the new nephew after work then went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy; was a lot better then I thought.

Gonna try to not go into the deli today at all but doubt that'll happen.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Very good. Just to NOT be at work is very good. Helped son move into his own place down in West Nyack, where he works. Sad to see him go, but at 27,its time.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Spent Saturday at my sister in laws in Southwick MA with wife, kids, and father in law. We went on their pontoon on the lake, went out to dinner and slept over. Got home yesterday and puttered around. My boys go back to school Wednesday. Sad the summer is over.

·
Registered
897 Posts
My plan was to put up a 8x16 deck, while spending time with my daughter, grand kids and son in-law. It was a perfect day!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The boys harvested the hops while I sat at the edge of the soy beans and fell 9 woodchucks. Last night I reloaded 100 rounds of Noslers 60 grain Ballistic tips, I expect the woodchucks to return this morning and attempt to overrun the firebase. I'll have the 223 and the 22-250 in my foxhole. The 250 prefers the Sierra 50 grain Blitz, they dont come apart at 3400 in the 1 in 14 twist.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Spent my weekend in the basement working on a couple of my pinballs. I was planning to take the kids to Lake George or a fair or something today, but they have been fighting all morning, so we're not going anywhere...

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Oh hell, everyday not at work is a good thing.

Went to the land yesterday, rained pretty heavy so we decided to hit some of the small local towns in the area. I can't get over how many Astorino signs I saw on the Southerntier. Went into Gander and bore sighted my new Browning.

Today is a day of some needed yard work, maybe I'll wash the car. Maybe not!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Got out of bed early and started the smoker , two hours later put the brisket on . Tonight when it's ready ( along with some home brew ) we should be knockin out the best brisket I have ever done ! Now back to your regularly scheduled program . While I place some more apple and hickory on the fire !

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Spent the weekend priming and painting the new roof rack for the xterra. Gonna hit the woods with the little one in a bit.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Went to my nieces' birthday party at a giant bounce house place on Saturday. Wanted to punch a couple kids and a few parents by the time we left.

Spent yesterday day trying to fish a wire from my attic to the basement. I thought I was smart the last time I ran a wire there by pulling a length of 550 cord with it. It worked great right up until the wire snagged and I ripped the insulation off this leading me to have to refish the wire. I spent 2 hours "jiggling" the handle trying to get the fish tape down, with no luck. I gave up and installed some curtains in the nursery instead.

Today ah I successfully fished the ire and ran it. I was going to install the heater but Lowes doesn't have any in stock so I have to order one. Once I have the heater in hand I'll be able to button up that project.

Spent the the rest of today pregaming meld to freeze for one the baby gets here at the end of the month: chicken Mac and cheese, chicken enchiladas, some pasta bake thing, beef stew, and I'm working on finishing up tuna noodle casserole. That'll give me 10 meals I won't have to cook while exhausted.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Spent the weekend at camp, son and his girlfriend came up today and we took the boat out. Came back and barbequed. Great day. Back to work tomorrow, and summer dress code is over...........put the noose, I mean tie, back on.....damn .

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Went to my nieces' birthday party at a giant bounce house place on Saturday. Wanted to punch a couple kids and a few parents by the time we left.

Spent yesterday day trying to fish a wire from my attic to the basement. I thought I was smart the last time I ran a wire there by pulling a length of 550 cord with it. It worked great right up until the wire snagged and I ripped the insulation off this leading me to have to refish the wire. I spent 2 hours "jiggling" the handle trying to get the fish tape down, with no luck. I gave up and installed some curtains in the nursery instead.

Today ah I successfully fished the ire and ran it. I was going to install the heater but Lowes doesn't have any in stock so I have to order one. Once I have the heater in hand I'll be able to button up that project.

Spent the the rest of today pregaming meld to freeze for one the baby gets here at the end of the month: chicken Mac and cheese, chicken enchiladas, some pasta bake thing, beef stew, and I'm working on finishing up tuna noodle casserole. That'll give me 10 meals I won't have to cook while exhausted.
I got tired just reading this.....LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts