New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a number so I can tell the wife why I need to get some more ar's:cool:.. I know some of u have alot of them...so what's the magic number before the wife files for devorce?

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
One for each room in the house?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I just started to collect AR's exclusively and I am up to 3......I hope to double that by the end of the year,my answer ?? You can't have enough....

·
Registered
528 Posts
I need a number so I can tell the wife why I need to get some more ar's:cool:.. I know some of u have alot of them...so what's the magic number before the wife files for devorce?
Ask her how many pairs of shoes she wants.

Then ask her how many pairs of shoes she needs.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All good stuff so far...I got 2, the wife has 1, an the boy has 1.....so if each of us wanted to have an ar in each room of the house..that would be...30? Cool..plus I got 2 more kids coming up, so that means even more...:cool:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Well, I don't have any, and probably won't have any in the foreseeable future. How many pistols do I need though.. that's an entirely different story.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
And here I thought this was gonna be a Karma Thread! I have yet to buy one cause of my limited gun allowance. Anybody selling one CHEAP?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Bill is incorrect, you always gotta have a duplicate in case there's a need for spare parts, so with that in mind:

2 SBR, 2 carbine in 14.5", 2 carbine in 16", 2 middy in 14.5", 2 middy in 16", 2 middy in 18", 2 rifle in 18", 2 rifle in 20", 2 rifle in 24"

Then further breakdowns in pairs by caliber, rate twist, muzzle device, flat top, removable carry handle fixed carry handle w/A1 sight, fixed carry handle w/A2 sight, free float or non~free float handguards, length of handguards (ie: rifle length FF tube on a 16", carbine on a carbine, etc.), fixed or folding sights, A1 or A2 style sights, fixed front w/folding rear, dual folding, optic or no optic, magnified or no, Eotech, Aimpoint, Trjicon, type of stock, pistol grip, ambidextrious controls or no, factory ambidextrious or aftermarket and on, and on.

This would be pairs of various manufacturers too BTW, not just 2 of a type, but 2 of every make in every configuration.
Like 2 Daniel Defense in every flavor, 2 Noveske, 2 Colt, 2 BCM, 2 Knights Armament, etc.

Done right you'll never finish the collection, especially as sundry items evolve over time or upgrades to the guns themselves.
Like say a pair of old school Aimpoint dots and a pair of Aimpoint H1 micro and a pair of Aimpoint PRO, then whatever next generations come down the pipe by the time you get $$ enough up again to think about another.

If the missus thinks having 3~4 around the house is tedious, wait until she sees what a space hogging money pit (*cough* excuse me, investment oppertunity) a real collection can be.

Tell her your goal is to be the Jay Leno of ARs and that she should be more concerned that you don't additionally take up interest in collecting AK, FAL, Galil, Ruger, H&K, piston op, rolling block op, blowback op, bolt op......

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
The answer is one more. So every time she asks the answer is one more.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Tifosi, of course then the question becomes how many jobs do you need to support your AR habit the answer to which will certainly require more time at work whereby OP would probably not notice or care that the Mrs divorced him rendering the original question moot... But I like the way you think! As a follow up, how many mags would you need to go along with that collection?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
10 per gun
And before you ask, minimum of 300rds per on hand for general use + treble that in untouched storage.

Also oil... lots of oil...

not notice or care that the Mrs divorced him
I thought that was the whole point of collecting or pretty much any *'guy hobby' to begin with?

* except for them landscapers, gardeners, home improvement, and 'curio' collector guys.
Them there is sissy hobbies that involve WAY too much 'what the wife wants' input.

Painters are a gray area AFA 'house', but them 'happy little tree' types is right out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
From a practical stand point I would say two is enough....

One "tactical" for defense/plinking etc...

the other for long range target and hunting.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I have four M16A2 clones being built right now....along with a 14.5 military clone.
doesnt count my 20 inch a1 , the 20 inch A3, my 3 14.5s, or my single 16 inch....
i always buy pairs of guns. One goes down, still have one.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts