New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Absolutely NOTHING for over 3 hours!!! SO ... today I went up the road to pick up a dirtbike project and within a minute of me leaving, a tree falls from across the road and onto the powerlines. The fiance called 911 at 4:07pm. I get back home to see this tree across the road and decide to just drive across my yard to get to my driveway. The neighbor, whom owns a house moving business, had two of his trucks out there, one facing either way, with the hazards on and the yellow lights on top just flashing away. (I got back home at 5:48pm BTW) So I'm talking to him and other people that live on the road and we're waiting ..... and waiting .... and others called 911 five more times AND the sheriffs dept and the troopers. Well ... we wait and wait and at 7:27pm FINALLY a firetruck pulls up. The neighbor wasn't happy at all and as a matter of fact, one person from 1/4 mile down the road took pictures of the tree laying across the road and on the lines. Now, at the time the fire dept was notified by the 911 dispatcher, it was already getting dark. Had the neighbor said screw this and gone home, a few people would have had convertibles coming home from work when they left in a hardtop this morning!!! One truck passed under the tree and did hit the ****ing thing when we said he shouldn't go under. OK .. so the fire company gets there and I'm talking to the Chief as I know him well and we're talking and waiting and talking and waiting and .. OH .... 1.5 ****ing hours later National Grid shows the **** up and the guys in the truck sit there and look at it. Then after 45 minutes, they decide they'll call another crew!!! (It's now completely dark and the guys from the fire company are wanting to friggin leave since they did their job of diverting traffic) So ... around 9:53pm tonight they cut the ****ing tree and just leave. I'm thinking .. holy ****!! This started at 4pm and now we're 5.5+ hrs into this and they are finally done?? It was never dispatched from the 911 dispatcher until 5 mins before the fire company showed up according to the Chief. OK ... so if this isn't enough, I just went to the store and all looks fine. I return, now coming the opposite way, and I see A ****ING TREE LAYING IN MY YARD WITH A PILE OF BRANCHES!! WTF??? The best part is ..... a couple of the people whom are democraps whom recently moved in from near NYC are so PO'ed at the total lack of response to this (because they drove their cars under the tree around 5pm, that THEY are now NOT voting for the princess nor any democrap because ... and I quote ... "I've just seen how much people up here mean to them. I'm glad it wasn't my house on fire or a burglary in my home because apparently, we mean NOTHING in upstate NY!! Kids are going to be coming down this road after sports practice at school and there is no police, no firetrucks ... nothing to warn people other than you people!!" I replied ... "We take care of each other up here. Calling 911 is not the realistic answer this far north of the city!" <--- that's the best part of this whole ****ing mess!!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Damn.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hahahahhaha! Sorry to hear your troubles, but what a wake up call for those city slickers!

P.S. Should have gently reminded them that there isn't a cop on every corner, and that's why we have guns too.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahahahhaha! Sorry to hear your troubles, but what a wake up call for those city slickers!

P.S. Should have gently reminded them that there isn't a cop on every corner, and that's why we have guns too.
We don't even have a local PD here. We have cows and horses and corn and other crops and ... no rights to protect ourselves. Sounds fantastic doesn't it??

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
And other crops, huh? lol

Well, **** 'em. You can always fire two shots out the front porch door and Bidenize em!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
But wait a minute here.
I thought the gun grabbers said that people do not need guns for protection.
People should just call 911 ( cops ) if they are in danger.

sarc/off

Glad to hear the city slickers get it now.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
now you gotta take those neighbors shooting...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Saratoga county dispatch is a farce.

I've listened to them screw around with EMERGENCY calls for a half hour.

Scanner: Caller reports rollover accident with injuries. 2:00 p.m.
They dispatch a deputy, no one else.
25 minutes later, deputy arrives. States need for ambulance and firetrucks.
5 minutes later, they dispatch EMS and fire.

This happens almost every friggin day.

It's criminal. I'd hoped it would change with the new Sheriff, but apparently not.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya know jonnyq, that seemed to be the general consensus from many there lastnight. They are deeply concerned and highly PO'ed at the 911 setup as it currently stands. I'm sorry, but if I were a dispatcher and a call came in for a rollover accident WITH INJURIES, I would have had the ambulance there right along with the LE that was dispatched. Seems like that may be something needed when a call comes in WITH INJURIES. Something is terribly wrong here.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now you gotta take those neighbors shooting...
Actually ... other neighbors already got to them and offered to take them. They are all going shooting this weekend with the new transplanted upstate NY'ers whom are now interested in learning how to safely handle a firearm since they now see a true need for it. At first I really didn't see the big deal with this whole thingl other than the obstructed roadway BUT the chief had informed me that if that tree had a high moisture content, it would indeed have a 95% chance of carrying electricity and causing a fire where the base of the tree was grounded. I never thought of that. And to think that this wasn't dispatched after numerous calls for 3 hours. Nice. Really nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts