New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hope they are legal. I buy them here and use them all the time. Just have to find a place that lets you use them and has some good distance from everything. We are talking about tannrite?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Gander Mountain sells the tannerite products.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I'm not aware of any laws that prohibit exploding targets. Use common sense with them - it's best to use those type of targets in remote locations where noise complaints are a non-factor.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's a lot of fun! Recommend trying it out if you have a chance.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I dont think they are illegal... I wouldnt try it unless you have private property tho...

·
Registered
184 Posts
i don't know if they are illegal, but they sure are a hoot

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Just how big is the explosion? I'd like to try one out sometime. Only problem is, I wouldn't want the explosion too large as it may shoot hot crap into the dry taller grass at the club.

·
Registered
315 Posts
They are a lot of fun, just make sure you have plenty of room. I wouldnt suggest using them at a club.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
They are a lot of fun, just make sure you have plenty of room. I wouldnt suggest using them at a club.
The club I belong to has had people use the exploding targets before and they don't care. I just don't wanna be running around the range pizzing all over the place trying to put out a grass fire is all.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
they are legal. they do not explode in flames at all (no flames). you cannot use them on public target ranges or in public shooting fields due to plastic shards and the fact they are hard to clean up after

they are fun as hell for bump firing fast semis

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
they are legal. they do not explode in flames at all (no flames). you cannot use them on public target ranges or in public shooting fields due to plastic shards and the fact they are hard to clean up after

they are fun as hell for bump firing fast semis
Ahhhhhh no worries then .... I'm one of the few that pick up the empty shotgun shells, spent shells from the pistol users, some garbage and the old targets that get blown around which make the range look like a landfill. :) I can deal with picking up more plastic. LOL

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Ahhhhhh no worries then .... I'm one of the few that pick up the empty shotgun shells, spent shells from the pistol users, some garbage and the old targets that get blown around which make the range look like a landfill. :) I can deal with picking up more plastic. LOL
bring a rake, they are fun as hell! and loud enough to turn heads

https://www.tannerite.com/shop/tannerite-6-pack-starter-kit/

this kit will start you of and when done save the mixing spoon and dvd and some experiance, so you can just buy the 20 lb refil kit https://www.tannerite.com/shop/images/37/Bulk-Tannerite.jpg

they are also available at either herbs or gander in store... but i cant remember which one it was of the two. :wacko:

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Just don't be mixing it and drive down down the road with it cause that IS illegal. Things are pretty dry out there right now be careful of starting any brush fires.

(I think buying more than a couple of twenty pound bulk packs might buy you a visit from Homeland Security.)

:-D

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Just don't be mixing it and drive down down the road with it cause that IS illegal. Things are pretty dry out there right now be careful of starting any brush fires.

(I think buying more than a couple of twenty pound bulk packs might buy you a visit from Homeland Security.)

:-D
naaaaaaaa ...... it was that guy that mixed up 100lbs of it that got the attention of authorities!! LMFAO!! Could you imagine the explosion from that?? Yes ... transporting it mixed together is a federal offense. Separately, they are harmless materials. Good point!! Has anyone used the ones designed to make a boom with a .22lr? I heard they are small, but are as powerful, if not more, than the 2lb targets. I am homeland security .... I own a gun or two!!! Hahahaha

zeroskin is a bad influence!!!! I really only wanna try one or two just to say I have used them. Pretty pricey to use often. LOL

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
naaaaaaaa ...... it was that guy that mixed up 100lbs of it that got the attention of authorities!! LMFAO!! Could you imagine the explosion from that?? Yes ... transporting it mixed together is a federal offense. Separately, they are harmless materials. Good point!! Has anyone used the ones designed to make a boom with a .22lr? I heard they are small, but are as powerful, if not more, than the 2lb targets. I am homeland security .... I own a gun or two!!! Hahahaha

zeroskin is a bad influence!!!! I really only wanna try one or two just to say I have used them. Pretty pricey to use often. LOL
Not sure if they sell the ones for the .22lr, but I've made my own that works in FL. Not sure if that is legal here. Also it's cheaper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts