New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Us folks from other parts of the country wanna see where our brethren in NY stand on this most sacred of issues. I've seen the video's and alot of interwebs pontificating, but is there a mass exodus of weaponry and evil assault clips not suitable for hunting leaving the state or are people holding fast?

·
Registered
435 Posts
April 15th.... I think it's a Monday. I might have to work that day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
April 15 is 2 days after my wife's birthday. Does any one know what I should get her?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Fight or flight? Some have left, most have hunkered down and are in the fight. Bless the true Patriot, the winter soldier and damn the summer soldier and sunshine patriot.
Robin

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
To the OP - April 15th, besides being deadline for tax filing, is the day we can no longer purchase 10 round mags - though it looks like this particular restriction may go away.

Meanwhile, we're already limited to only loading 7-rounds in ANY mags we own (as of 4/15/13), regardless of capacity. This particular aspect of the law is being challenged in a lawsuit filed by NYSRPA and it remains to be seen whether or not such a restriction will stand up in court. If it does, then the rest of the country had better take notice - because it'll only a matter of time before mag restrictions come to a governor near you (the libs are on the move)...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I haven't seen anything leaving New York on a large scale. Hold fast.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
In it to win it buddy. I've already done my soul searching and know where I stand...

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
4/15/13 is the date the troopers are suppose to have the registration system up and running and begin.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
April 15...On this day in history...

1865- Abraham Lincoln dies after being shot the previous evening by John Wilkes Booth.

1892- The General Electric Company is formed.

1912- The RMS Titanic sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 am, after hitting an iceberg.

1924- Rand Mcnally publishes its first road atlas.

1947- Jackie Robinson debuts for the Brooklyn Dodgers, breaking baseball's color line.

1952- The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress.

1955- McDonald's restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois.

Today's Birthdays...

1452- Leonardo da Vinci

1894- Nikita Krushchev

1933- Roy Clark

1933- Elizabith Montgomery

1982 Seth Rogen

·
Registered
342 Posts
Q: How many rounds can I put in my magazine today?A: Ten. Starting on April 15, 2013, you are limited to putting in seven rounds, unless you are at an incorporated firing range or competition recognized by the National Rifle Association or International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association, in which case the limit is ten.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To the OP - April 15th, besides being deadline for tax filing, is the day we can no longer purchase 10 round mags - though it looks like this particular restriction may go away.

Meanwhile, we're already limited to only loading 7-rounds in ANY mags we own (as of 4/15/13), regardless of capacity. This particular aspect of the law is being challenged in a lawsuit filed by NYSRPA and it remains to be seen whether or not such a restriction will stand up in court. If it does, then the rest of the country had better take notice - because it'll only a matter of time before mag restrictions come to a governor near you (the libs are on the move)...
we got some lil tyrants in carson city here trying to push some hardcore gun control here in NV. This place has been infested with californians, people from chicago and the NE over the past 10 years. We got a good few years here because they are successful in any attempt. they claim we have an "assault weapon" violence issue here in the state. the only people killing people with assault rifles are the cops.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts