New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
It was reported in the local news at the time. And in various security publications. Just not picked up by the national media until now.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There goes Cali's right to own bolt actions bigger than rimfires.
They said yesterday on fox they were snipers with AK47s. I heard about it when it first happened but it didn't go anywhere. I remember making jokes about it being workplace violence or a protest but certainly not terrorism.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Maybe they did not want to trigger copy cats or put Kalifornia in a huge panic? If you ask me I think more situations like this should be handled this way. That way less media coverage to screw up the truth! It is of my opinion the reason we have half of the problems we do in this country is to lay blame from the Media. They don't give to turds weather the info is right or wrong. Just get it out there cause the damage and move on to the next opportunity.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Does it pass the smell test?

PG&E's official statement claimed it was the work of vandals, but made no mention of the nearly 100 fingerprint-free shell casings that were found at the scene.
"This wasn't an incident where Billy-Bob and Joe decided, after a few brewskis, to come in and shoot up a substation," Mark Johnson said in a presentation. "This was an event that was well thought out, well planned and they targeted certain components."
Former FERC chairmain Jon Wellinghoff, meanwhile, saw fit to go public with the details after military experts confirmed the scene looks like a professional job.
So if this was a well planned, professional, thought out event with no fingerprints left at the scene, why did they leave the brass (steel)? 17 transformers get knocked out and there's no power outage? That's a big ass transformer complex. A transformer complex that big today should have video survelliance of some sort? Where's the video? Where the photos? The story stinks as bad as a Fast and Furious cover up. Inside job or lie? Hack job to justify gun control?

You can zoom in on the power station right next to the transformer yard. Because of high pressure boilers or turbines, generating stations are manned by stationary engineers 24/7/365. And the police couldn't get into the place? They must of shot out the survelliance cameras like they do in the Hollywood movies.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Maybe they did not want to trigger copy cats or put Kalifornia in a huge panic? If you ask me I think more situations like this should be handled this way. That way less media coverage to screw up the truth! It is of my opinion the reason we have half of the problems we do in this country is to lay blame from the Media. They don't give to turds weather the info is right or wrong. Just get it out there cause the damage and move on to the next opportunity.
You have a strange interpretation of a free press. Facts should NOT be kept from public view. There is nothing about this incident that makes it a "forbidden" story. The fact it was not made public by the MSM speaks to the sad state this country is in regarding freedom of the press. Notice it was carried by smaller media outlets which are NOT controlled by the 2% who control most other major media info.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I have a couple problems with this:

1) since when is a AK-47 THAT accurate? unless the owner did some major up-grades, the AK isn't a "surgical" instrument. A Friend of mine that is still in the Army once told me, "you want a gun that shoots everytime, no matter what, get an AK-47, you want to actually hit something, get a AR-16/15/10. Granted, these guys obviously used gloves if they left no finger prints. I suppose if they were fairly close, accuracy isn't a factor either???

2) and I quote
Shooting for 19 minutes, they surgically knocked out 17 giant transformers that funnel power to Silicon Valley. A minute before a police car arrived, the shooters disappeared into the night.
does anyone else have a problem with the police response time here???? Ya think the sniper team had a lookout(s) covering the roads to let the shooters know when the cops were on the way? seriously? 20 minutes. and then they were still outside the compound at 1:51am? Ya, I think I'll just hang on to my Bible, my guns and my family.

3) NO ONE found it suspicious the phone lines went down.....all of them....at once??? were was security? where is the video?

anyone else think this may have been a "test run".......uuuummm

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
There goes Cali's right to own bolt actions bigger than rimfires.
Come on....like California would exempt anything. No rimfire rifles, either! (Just paraphrasing the Liberals' dream.)

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
anyone else think this may have been a "test run".......uuuummm
Test run by whom?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
So if this was a well planned, professional, thought out event with no fingerprints left at the scene, why did they leave the brass (steel)?
They knew there were no fingerprints, so they didn't have to waste time collecting brass after shooting.
17 transformers get knocked out and there's no power outage?
There is probably some sort of redundancy so when one goes down, that load gets shifted to another unit to avoid regional outages.
That's a big ass transformer complex. A transformer complex that big today should have video survelliance of some sort? Where's the video? Where the photos?
I doubt they stood outside the fence and took these shots. I would imagine that they were in the tree line, possible covered in ghillie suits or other cover to avoid detection and to ensure there were no photos or videos of them.

You can zoom in on the power station right next to the transformer yard. Because of high pressure boilers or turbines, generating stations are manned by stationary engineers 24/7/365. And the police couldn't get into the place?
I'm fairly certain the couple of engineers on hand were busy dealing with 17 transformers going down not manning the gates to let the police in that they didn't even know were coming.

They must of shot out the survelliance cameras like they do in the Hollywood movies.
I'm all for conspiracies, but this story seems entirely plausible.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
They said yesterday on fox they were snipers with AK47s.
1) since when is a AK-47 THAT accurate?
I was wondering the same thing. An AK47 being called a sniper rifle is a bit of an oxymoron.

Not that we've ever been able to count on the media to report accurately on guns. If there is a way to make it sound scarier, that's how they'll try to report it.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. An AK47 being called a sniper rifle is a bit of an oxymoron.

Not that we've ever been able to count on the media to report accurately on guns. If there is a way to make it sound scarier, that's how they'll try to report it.
Maybe...just maybe...they used a handful of SKS and/or CZ 527.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts