New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking down the hallway and something jumped out at me. I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES. I grabbed my daughter put her in my truck. I put my boots on and grabbed a shovel.( I thought about shooting it but it was blocking my bedroom door) I cornered it under my dresser,screamed and killed the **** out of it. I think its just a milksnake..
I know its getting cold, there looking for warmth. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Single floor raised ranch. Finished basement ,kitchen was redone this year all doors secured.The house sits 3 feet off the ground.I have a few trees over the house. Could it have got in a window? can it climb up the side of my house??came in through a floor vent? I have a small hole in the ceiling in the hallway from where a light use to be.
any advice would be helpful. Im going to clean the kids rooms real good and calk anything that I can find. Wood Terrestrial animal Bedrock Soil Scaled reptile

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Looks like a corn snake. Sometimes people mistake them for a copperhead. They can find places that you don't know exist to find egress. Pretty much harmless, but I wouldn't want to share my living space with one either.
Robin

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
It is a milk snake. Do you have mice in your house? This is one of the main reasons people get snakes in there homes. They will go through AC chases that go through the wall, oversized holes for hose bibs or any where plumbing and utility's go through the wall from outside. If you have foundation vents make sure the screening is intact and no spaces around them. Cracks in the foundation or space between the foundation and siding. They can't climb up your house. Climbing up a tree to get In would be a stretch in my opinion. Use a good silicone caulk to fill any spaces. That was a pretty snake, I would have kept it lol!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I was gonna tell you to check the sill around the bottom of the siding on your house as that's where I start when we find some critter who snuck in . They can get in almost anywheres without you knowing or seeing anything . If you have a garge that is connected to your house that could be the problem . They come into the garge then someone leaves the door open , Bam they are in ! No holes needed ! That's been my experience !

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I was walking down the hallway and something jumped out at me. I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES. I grabbed my daughter put her in my truck. I put my boots on and grabbed a shovel.( I thought about shooting it but it was blocking my bedroom door) I cornered it under my dresser,screamed and killed the **** out of it. I think its just a milksnake..
I know its getting cold, there looking for warmth. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Single floor raised ranch. Finished basement ,kitchen was redone this year all doors secured.The house sits 3 feet off the ground.I have a few trees over the house. Could it have got in a window? can it climb up the side of my house??came in through a floor vent? I have a small hole in the ceiling in the hallway from where a light use to be.
any advice would be helpful. Im going to clean the kids rooms real good and calk anything that I can find. View attachment 35350
Wtf did you do to it? Machete?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Red on black OK jack.
Red on yellow dead fellow.
Looks like you went midevil on his ass ha ha.
If you didn't have mice, you might now ;)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Poor snake. But it is a rule of nature that when a predator enters another predator's lair its life is at risk. We had on of these guys infiltrate the office of the nursey I work at a month ago. We cornered it intending to catch and release it but then it got under a pallet of fertillizer and got squished in half by a pallet jack during the attempt to extricate it. One of the sales girls was up on the counter screaming the whole time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
never had mice in the house, a few in the garage now and then(Never any droppings in the house and my wife is anal about keeping the house clean) I went around the outside checked the sill, the siding looks pretty rough in spots. I caulked it up best I could. I got a buddy coming over tomorrow to inspect everything.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
stuff some copper wool (scour pad) in the crevices before you caulk it. A little extra interference doesn't hurt...

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Jumped out at you??? Seriously?? LMAO. :) It's a Corn snake.... milk snake and garter are in the same family. If you had one in the house, there are probably more. This time of year it's common for snakes to find a nice place to stay for the winter and they're ALWAYS looking for food!! If you see mice in the house now ... you'll know why. I have snakes as pets and not a mouse to be heard nor seen. Go out in the garage and you'll see a couple now and then. LOL Those corn snakes are pretty ... well .. that one WAS!! Hahahaha. I know people have been taught to fear snakes. That one could bite you all day long and you ain't dying. That type of snake will "musk" you if you grabbed it. (they'll leave a nasty smelling poo kinda stuff on ya) You could hug it and kiss it and call it George!! They will actually calm down after a minute or two and will hang out with ya. LOL I wanna see a pic of you holding one watching Football this weekend!! The smallest crack and they're in. Under the siding of a house is a favorite spot for them as well. LOL If you were closer, I'd catch them for ya!

EDIT: GUNSICK1 .... they can and will make it up the side of a house with no problem. I'm sure the OP is SO pleased to hear this. :rofl:

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Well thanks to Chicken Shoot and RayKnobs the OP will be too busy bulldozing his house and the garage instead of watching football!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Jumped you??? Seriously?? LMAO. :) It's a Corn milk garter are in the family. one in the house, there ing for food!! If you see mi e house now ... you'll know why. I have snake ets and not a mouse to be heard nor seen. Go out in the garage and you'll see a cou now and then. LO Those corn snak es are pretty ... well .. that one WAS!! Hahahaha. I know peo en taught to fear snakes. That te you all day lon and you ain't dying. That type of snake will "musk" you if you grabbed it. (they'll leave a nasty smelling poo kinda stuff on ya) You could hug d kiss it and call it George!! They will actually calm down after a minut wo and will hang out with ya. LOL I wan ee a pic of you holding one watching s weekend!! The s mallest crack and they're in. Under the siding ouse is a fav rit spot for m as well. L L If you ere er, I'd catc

EDIT: GUNSICK1 .... they can and will make it up the side o se with no lem. I'm sure the OP i eased to hear this. :rofl:
How do you like only part of a post, lol...

EDIT: Read what you quoted ..... that's how!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts